or Connect

Posts by momof2tadpoles0104

Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil what sorts of containers do you use? i found these and thought they were pretty niffty looking. Those are really nice but about $90 out of my price range lol. Right now im just using regular pots and some butter tubs. Weve had some more mishaps but our carrots and tomatoes are growing nicely!
Feyfellow- Thank you so much momma for the huge box of diapers. I didnt think we would get any sinse my DS is almost 3, but this child wont pt for years i think and almost every diaper i have is either in really rough shape or to small. Thank you very much Val, you rock
We have no goodwill in this area. Actually no goodwill for a pretty big area, not sure why though. There is 1 local thrift store that i will bring some stuff to but other than that im clueless. I had an organization come get stuff last week (big brother big sister) but they only take certain items and because they just came last week it may be months before i can get rid of this and i cant wait that long. The only other place i can think of is a semi local consignment...
ive traded my foodstamps for cash before. twice with my mom, because i wanted to pick up some staples at Sams and sams doesnt accpet FS and once with a friend because we had plenty of food but i need TP and such. i dont know if i could ask a stranger though. I never knew there was a going rate either, i just went grocery shopping with the person and whatever was purchasable with fs i paid with and the person gave me that amount in cash, or bought the equivallent in the...
yikes. lots of hugs for you mama.
Quote: Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama Really? Wow. That's odd. None of the ones we have around here do that. That just seems strange to me. Ya the Hanaford's does it. I don't know why and it really irks me because im not using the coups for cash im using them to lower my food bill! Might just be a regional thing though because all the stores pay the deposit on the cans/bottles and another store i shop at occasionally charges me the...
Actually in some grocery stores, if you use a coupon the grocery store will charge you in full for your groceries and take the money you should have saved and hand it to you in cash. I say this because one of my local stores trys to do this EVERY time i use a coupon (i get foodstamps for the record) and EVERY time i have to get a manager to come over and retally the bill, because i dont want the cash back i want it off my food bill!
I get $320 a month in foodstamps for my family of 3. 2 kids 5 and 2 1/2 and myself. Most of the time i use just about all of it, sometimes a little carries over. we eat maybe 1/2 organic stuff, usually what i get on sale or good deals. about 1/4 of our food is convience/premade My youngest still qualifies for wic which is nice seeing as how they let us get lactaid milk which is all we can drink seeing as how all 3 of us are severely lactose intolerant
I dont know if this is just around here or not but thought id pass it along. Today me and my boys went to toys r us to use my oldest's GC for $3 of a $3 purchase he got from TRU for his birthday. Anyhoot my TRU had color wonder paper buy one get 1 free and mellisa and doug stuff buy 2 get 1 free. Also again might have just been my store but we got our M&D stuff REALLY cheap. I wish i had more $$ i would have picked up some stuff for others. Anyhoot point being check your...
I have several thank you's. Family #2 i your box got placed in the recylce bin before i could get your name! Please pm me with your addy though as id like to send you a card, don't worry my mom is supplying the stamps she buys them buy the hundreds lol. Ok Purdy family Thank you SOOOOOO much for the comforter and sheet set! My oldest has already claimed the comforter and ill be giving my youngest the sheets sinse hes smaller so the flannel will keep him warmer. These...