or Connect

Posts by rubelin

oh, I hadn't thought of that, you might want to cross post in the "Parents as Partners" forum to get more ideas for discussing issues like this in your relationship =)
I've read a bit of your story on the PaP board and it resonates with me a bit. Though my divorce wasn't similar emotionally (my marriage was very different than how yours sounds and I did not want a divorce), many of the logistics are similar so I can tell you how it worked for me in my situation and maybe that will give you some insights.   We had been together for over 9 years. The kids were nearly 7 & 3. I had stopped working out of the home when I was pregnant with...
I just know how that issue panned out in my marriage and I can say that it's rough to parent with someone who believes so strongly in Western medicine when you don't. At least you have the distinction that he is NOT the parent of your child and his opinion, while it affects how he relates to you, has nothing to do with your child (where I have to constantly argue my side with my kid's dad)   Every relationship has sticking points and deal-breakers, you both need to...
 I can give my perspective that my kids spend a lot of time with my family, who lives around the block from me. Last names have never been any sort of issue, or even noticed much. We have many friends who's names are different from their kids (either with hyphenated or the mom just never took the family name) and it's just a given. Some friends we talk about as their family name, some we call by first names only, some by the hyphenated version. I know you are wanting your...
Those are ElBeeBaby dipes! http://elbeebaby.com/ That's why I clicked over here; I saw the picture and recognized them and I thought someone was talking about them. I rarely spend any time on baby-related threads since my last baby will be 10 yrs old soon =) ElBees were my most fave dipe with my younger babe, they fit so wonderfully. I don't have just one fave but one thing that was a lifesaver for me was a shower "chair" that was like a bouncy seat but in mesh fabric so...
everything you're describing is very normal for kids that age. You might get more help from the Life With a Baby forum on how to parent a child this age =)
Hugs! What you described about your son is SO familiar and I can tell you it definitely gets better - my formerly psychotic 2 yr old is now a (mostly) lovely 13 year old that nobody believes could ever have given me such grief =)    This age is so hard especially adding in all the other things you're struggling with. I'd start with addressing as many small things as you can. Are you both getting to bed early enough?? (I discovered that my oldest had been majorly sleep...
yeah, not taking his parenting time already and owing back support doesn't look good for him. What sort of change of circumstances could he be thinking is enough to warrant a change for the kids?? Like Greenemami said, the burden of proof is on him to show a change that would be best for the kids and it doesn't seem that anything has changed that way.
pull together all the support you have that isn't him. Girlfriends, family, etc. Even if he does come around and at least becomes a supportive father to your baby, you need a community to rely on.   Many blessings!!
wool has slow absorbency so you're gonna want to have something inside of them (like a training pant) or a stream will shoot right through the fabric.