or Connect

Posts by Wireless

Fair play to you for embracing your mammy bear side!!  I'm not gay but have experience unsupportive family and friends (only some of them - most of them are great!).     My advice is this - let your daughter do it they way she wants to do it and stand behind her ready to intervene if necessary.  She must be amazingly strong and confident to come out at such a young age but at the end of the day, she's still only 15.  You need to protect her.   If that means making...
Thanks so much for your reply - I really appreciate a bit of reassurance.  I've relaxed about this now and decided we're doing ok.     Although I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, I just found it a bit of a shock to be honest.  I'm not a parent and I'm trying hard to find my way with this whole thing so I suppose there are going to be a few downs as well as ups on this adventure!     Thanks again. x
Hi there,   I don't really have a solution but will try to offer some advice.    Wait 'til things are a little calmer before broaching it again.  Sit down at the table or go for a walk. Discuss it when neither of you are stressed or wound up.  Have a conversation - not an argument.  There's no need to fight.  Look at it as a puzzle to solve rather than an impending argument.   When you're having the conversation, talk about how you feel.  Don't say "You need...
Hi all,   Quick summary... I've been with my partner for 3 years or so. He's got 3 kids from a previous marriage aged 5, 7 and 10.  I'm 29 and he's 41.  I have no kids and am trying hard to fit in with his. We don't live together yet but we'll probably move in together in the next few months.  My partner has them every second weekend and goes over to spend an evening with them once a week, goes to their sports events etc etc.  He's a fantastic father and absolutely...