or Connect

Posts by MakingHome

I like mine higher up.  Actually, when I use one, I intentionally push it up higher, and then slightly pull down and twist to seal it.  Then mine doesn't leak at all.  
Yes, I always seem to have a week or two period in which I go from "hmmm... has she gained some weight? Looking a little pudgy around the middle"... to "WHOA, congratulations!"     My first baby was my biggest, so I got all the stretch marks with him (lots and lots), but then have (maybe) gotten 1-3 stretch marks beyond those in the 10 years and 5 babies since that first pregnancy.  Now all of my originals are faded and silvery.... they get less noticeable with each...
I can't believe how clean-focused I've become in the last 2-3 weeks.  Things are turning around FAST here.  Things got pretty out of control during that lazy first trimester around here... I mean, cooking/dishes/laundry stayed caught up but with 7 people, things can spin out of control quickly.  But the great thing is that with 7 people cleaning furiously (inspired/prodded/threatened LOL by mom), things can get back under control fairly quickly as well.   All of our...
Hi, I'm planning to put together "spa" type gift baskets for all the female relatives in our family this Christmas, and have been planning to sew homemade rice heating pads with lavender essential oil.  When I went into a shop the other day looking for lavender (they didn't have it), the lady mentioned that lavender essential oil can be problematic for pregnant women.   Can you give me tips/advice?  I had planned to put basically 10 drops of oil (give or take) in...
We have Before I Was Born (http://www.amazon.com/Before-Was-Born-Gods-Design/dp/1600060145) and The Wonderful Way Babies Are Made (http://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Way-That-Babies-Made/dp/0764223410).  We also (all of us) enjoy the Nat'l Geographic video & accompanying book called "In The Womb" (http://www.amazon.com/Womb-Witness-Journey-Conception-Astonishing/dp/142620003X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347757992&sr=1-1&keywords=In+The+Womb).  
  Unfortunately, this is true. :( I have a Facebook friend like that, who seems to gripe while "informing"... it definitely does cast a pallor over large family life.  
  It's true.  Whenever I get all snippity (internally) about it, and give a curt answer, or whatever, it just eats at me and probably hacks off the person I'm talking with.  But when they say, "REALLY?  6 KIDS?  Are they ALL yours?"  And then I answer, "yup." with a grin, it diffuses it.  If they ask something (stupid) like "don't you know what causes that?" I'll say something like, "yeah, and we just keep doing what we're good at."  Or "yeah, it's a lot of fun. :) "...
  Hi there.  I think it gets easier around kid #5.  I don't mean the workload is easier, but people lay off with the comments, or else you just get used to it, or something, LOL.  :)   As for homeschooling, take it one day at a time.  The goal is forward progress.  Focus on the early essentials-- mechanics of reading and building a strong math foundation.  Reading excellent books together as a group can be a wonderful way to get in additional things like literature,...
The story/study you're referencing is found in Better Late Than Early (old, but excellent book, by Raymond Moore).
And I agree with you.  :)  She is making a transition into mental awareness and logical analysis.  Reward that with the truth... sounds like your heart has already confirmed that that is what you should do.