or Connect

Posts by MakingHome

I'd love to hear from any women here as I consider which midwife groups to consider & make consultation appts with.     I have heard good things about Family Birth Services in Grand Prairie... I am really looking for something down closer to Ellis County (Cedar Hill/Red Oak/Midlothian/Waxahachie area would be great.   Any reviews, experiences, or recommendations would be great, thank you!
What does team green mean?
  Yes, I totally think it's smack dab in the realm of normal.  I've found that birthweight affects this greatly, at least with our kids.  They have enough "reserves" to not wake up starvin' Marvin more often.  My view is: Rest!  Let her sleep if that's what she's inclined to do, and you rest too!
Ha!  Yeah, I'm "pretty busy".  :)  I fit a lot more into 24 hours than I used to, LOL.   I loved traveling... and they did too... I'm not naturally organized, so for trip-planning and such, I had to be super-super-organized.  But I love the way the kids have a very broad perspective on the world, having seen more of it at their young ages than I did until I saw it with them.  They still regularly talk about life overseas, especially my oldest two but even my 6yo and...
I joined (tonight) because this seems like the best place on the web to get info and learn about homebirthing.  
This baby will make #6 for us... I think that adjustment to #4 might be the hardest for people around you to expect.  3, they can just write off, like, "oops, must've been a surprise"... but 4 seems so blatantly intentional.  I found that once we got to 5, people just started embracing it for what it is and actually started "rooting" for us as a family.  I've had a large number of people this time around say "I was waiting, hoping, and thinking that we'd soon get to...
Wait, I thought I just did this, LOL... must've been for another thread.  So here goes.  :)     Tell us your... Name (screen name or real):  Making Home-- and my name is Jess   EDD:  around or after Valentine's Day   Number of kids/partner: 5 kiddos so far (10yo ds, 8yo ds, 6yo dd, 4yo ds, 2yo ds)-- dh is Doug   General location, if you want to share:  Texas   Other things you could include, depending on how much you want to share... Hospital or...
Hello all!  First night on mothering.com  :)       Name-  Jess EDD-  2/14-2/18/2013... not exactly sure. Other Children-  E-boy-10yo, B-boy-8yo, M-girl-6yo, S-boy-4yo, M-boy-2yo... yes this will make 6!  :) Team- PINK, for my daughter's sake... but I'm truly OK with either.
Hi, I'm Jess, and just found out we're expecting our 6th baby.  As of July 19, (we have 3 birthdays between now and then and it's easier to just say their ages after July 19, LOL) my kiddos will be 10yo boy, 8yo boy, 6yo girl, 4yo boy, and 2yo boy.  :)  So this will be our first odd-year-born baby.  I've also had 3 miscarriages, all early- at 5 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks.   We've lived around the world and have given birth in 5 different hospitals with 5 different...
Hi, I'm Jess and just found out we're expecting our 6th baby.  As of July 19, (we have 3 birthdays between now and then and it's easier to just say their ages after July 19, LOL) my kiddos will be 10yo boy, 8yo boy, 6yo girl, 4yo boy, and 2yo boy.  :)  So this will be our first odd-year-born baby.  I've also had 3 miscarriages, all early- at 5 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks.   We've lived around the world and have given birth in 5 different hospitals with 5 different...