or Connect

Posts by prana

Please add me to BS #1. I'm in! We are on baby step #1. We just finished our first budget and will have our emergency fund in place by then end of January. We are getting our debt snowball in order right now.
For raw organic almonds, I can recommend Anderson Almonds. I've been ordering from them for years. The cost is $8/pound and that includes free shipping. http://www.andersonalmonds.com/ You have to call the number on their website to order. This is a wonderful family owned business that has been in the family for generations.
Rainbow chard is also pretty easy to hide. Children love green smoothies, but you have to give it to them confidently or have them help you make it. If you set a green mush in front of most kids and stand in front of them to see how they react, they will sense that something is up. We use either rainbow chard or spinach combined with pineapple and/or mangoes if they are in season. A bit of water (less than a cup) can be used to make it more liquid. Sometimes we throw...
We are working on our budget and will soon begin the debt snowball ramsey style. Perhaps I'm too or my brain fog is too thick, but I'm not getting a couple of the terms regarding the debt snowball. On the snowball worksheet the "total payoff", "minimum payment", "new payment", "payments remaining", and "cumulative payments" are listed across the top. I get all the terms except the payments remaining and the cumulative payments. Could someone explain these to me...
Thank you all for your viewpoints. I really need the debt management aspect of financial planning. I've read Your Money or Your Life and really gained a new perspective on money, finances, and conscience decisions/impacts of our relationship with money. Dave Ramsey's political/religious views bother me, but if his finance aspect was good, it wouldn't bother me, I could overlook this. Thanks, I will continue to read other authors, but will probably go with...
Hello, I would like to get serious on figuring out a budget, financial goals and debt management. Credit cards (big) and student loans (manageable) comprise most of our debt. We rent, so a home loan isn't holding us down. We would like to begin a family in about 2-3 years. We are looking for a plan to follow to get out of debt and head towards a strong financial future. Dave Ramsey is at the top of the list as far as book sales and followers go, Suze Orman is...
Hello, A group of social justice types, (inter-faith community) is having a silent auction. I would like to knit something to donate. Anyone have ideas? It is in November, so nothing that would take too much time. I'm thinking that maybe a baby sweater and hat would be an idea worth shooting for but am open to other suggestions. If I do a baby sweater/hat which one would pop out in tables of "stuff" at an auction? If you were at an auction, what would you...
Does anyone keep their schedule on their cell phone, like a Blackberry? I'm wondering if I would actually use this feature compared to a paper schedule. If I were to use an electronic scheduling device, it would make more sense for it to be combined with the cell phone rather than two separate pieces of equipment.
Wow! There is quite the range in pricing. I don't know that I will need internet. The most important is the number of minutes which will be mostly during the day. I'm not sure what my minutes will be as I haven't started the position yet. I'll probably talk to the other community organizers in my state to see how many minutes they are on the phone. I doubt that texting will be an issue as most of the people I will be contacting are business people, unions, clergy,...
DH and I have never had a cell phone. My new job requires me to carry a cell with me at all times as I will be traveling all over the place and will not have an office space. The employer will be paying for $50 of the cell phone bill, the rest of the bill is up to me. I have no idea how much a cell phone bill is for each month, what extras are added on to the charges, etc. Are there any carriers that anyone would recommend over others? Any cell phone suggestions. ...