or Connect

Posts by knittindigo

You live in Abingdon! YAY! We were beginning to feel like we lived on an island! Penelope just started walking this week so she is ready for some real play time. Maybe after this epic heat wave we could have a park date? And then your LO could come over if all goes well. I'm sure it will though. I'd love to pick your brain about the area!
Any mom's here from the Galesburg area? We have been in Abingdon for almost a month and have made 0 friends. :-(   My daughters are 1 yr and 7 yrs old. I work at Blick. We try to do cloth diapers when things aren't super hectic around here. My littlest one is pretty much vaccine free. She's had maybe 3 shots and no boosters.   It would be nice if my girls and I knew people around here.
Reading through all these posts about little ones and thrush! My daughter is already 8 mo old and when I picked her up from daycare today she had what looked like a burn on the tip of her tongue. They said they thought she had thrush. We've been successfully breastfeeding this whole time and I hate the idea of stopping now. Is it really that difficult to get rid of thrush for all babies?
Is anyone else super excited!?! We decided to fight the urge to get anything for our little Peanut this year just because we know both our families are going to go above and beyond with gifts. Are you guys going the same route or did you get your LO some awesome presents? What did you guys get them?   Is anyone crawling or eating solids yet? My little Peanut is scooting all over the place and just cut her first tooth! I couldn't believe it since I've been...
LOVE this post! I'm afraid I am nearing the same predicament. I tried making my own diapers but am sick of sewing and my LO never lets me get passed setting up my machine. I got a thirsties cover from Target and have learned to love flats. I don't know why I thought I could keep up with sewing pocket diapers when flats and a snappi are so much simpler! I've never heard of flour sack towels so I will have to check them out. I find myself wishing I had more than one...
ok that's a lot of stuff.. I love those printed covers! My LO has just reached the 15 lb cutoff so it's time for us to size up! We used pockets but I am sick of them. So I'd love to try some AIOs and I love our prefolds so far too. She fits into a size Medium Thirsties cover.. I don't know alot about brands so I'd love to get an array of them to test out. Do you have any covers, AOIs, or fitted still available that would fit my little girl? I'd love to take them off...
how big are your prefolds? I have a 5 mo old girl that is just barely big enough for her thirsties cover in size medium but has outgrown her prefolds.. actually they shrank a little more than expected. :-(
So my SO landed a total dream job with Dick Blick Co. We both graduated from WIU with a BFA in painting. Anyways, we're moving there with our 6 yr old girl and out new 5 mo old girl. We probably won't move there until summer 2014 but I wanted to get a head start. There aren't many mamas I can talk to where we are now and I don't know much about Galesburg.   Can anyone tell me about the best school, neighborhoods, etc? We are doing delayed selective vaccination, are...
I have a 5 mo old and I've been fighting her dr about getting her vaccinated. I want to wait until she's about 6 mo-1 yr old. My dad does alot of vaccine research, because many people in my family develop irritable bowls and one of my cousins has regressive autism. My first daughter is 6 and the poor girl has the worst issues with her BMs! Anyways, I'm not opposed to the most important vaccines, but trying to figure out which ones those are is so confusing.. I feel...
I am really thankful this was posted! I live in IL and my one month old hasn't received any vaccinations yet. But her dr said she wanted to start them next month. I feel like that's way too early! I was wondering what everyone thinks about selective vaccination. Where can I research it? and how did you approach your child's dr about the topic? I'm posting this here because I'd really like to hear from IL moms since I know some laws differ from state to state.