or Connect

Posts by margarita b

Yeah, everything you just said. :)   If you're driven about your career, you may be even more driven about your chickens.
I'm a workaholic/strong-work-ethic type too, and let me tell you.... once those babies are born, your focus turns onto them so hard and the baby/ies become your new career! It's much more than a 40-hour thing. Especially if you then have another baby. And then another. And you decide to take their education into your own hands. Plus you want to feed them healthy things and that takes, like, 6 hours a day to prepare.... you get the idea.    I worked until 37 weeks w/...
Ah, House of Peace, that's how I feel too! #5 for us too, this is about our family, don't know if anyone else will care and it doesn't matter. I'm trying to be patient and simple at this point in my life, and not rushing to share news - whether about a pregnancy or what I am making for dinner etc - is working for me great.   Thanks for the well wishes for my exam - I wasn't going to bother scheduling any pre-natals until later, maybe 20 weeks or maybe not at all. I'm...
Michelle, it must be hard for you since you want to tell people!   I need to tell my teenagers before I tell the world - my oldest is on Facebook and I don't want her to see people's comments to me, you know? So... I guess we'll tell the kids as soon as I have my breast exam appointment.
This started happening to me after my 3rd baby. It was bad for a while, even when not pregnant, but you know what helped? Cutting out caffeine and cutting way down on sugars (almost to zero, including fruit) has really made a difference, and I don't leak at all anymore unless I've had a cold and have been sneezing for days and days, and my body starts to give up.   It might be worth a try. I know everyone is different and your episiotomy issue may have more to do...
    You have all got to be kidding me. I'm jealous! I'm very very "old" (39) and on my fifth baby, and my belly is flat as an iron at 11 weeks, aside from the usual fat store I've been carrying around since my early 30's. I won't even look pregnant to my own self until 16 weeks.... sigh.... To friends by 20 weeks; strangers more like 24. Oh and short-waisted doesn't even begin to describe me at 5'1".    I've gained a couple of pounds and it's in my face and...
You're cute. :)   Well this is my 5th....   I gave away my old copies (many years ago) of Spiritual Midwifery and Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide... I think those are the only books I ever read on pregnancy, aside from other midwifery texts.   I did buy Unassisted Homebirth: An Act of Love a few weeks ago because I'm considering that route, but honestly it wasn't too helpful. If we do decide to go unassisted, I guess we'll pick up that Emergency Childbirth...
I'm 11 weeks and 1 day.   I haven't even told my closest friends! Usually we wait until 16 weeks or so to tell the "world" but tell close friends very early. Not this time. I told one friend by letter and one by email and that's it.   I feel like waiting a few more weeks, and then I'm going to send out personal cards. Now that I am so "old...." and I have friends who can't conceive, or who have only 2 kids, or who knows what, I don't want to cause anyone any...
Backpack here too, fits diapers and snacks and even extra clothes for the kids who are bound to get muddy or poopy or who knows what! And... backpacks are multi-purpose forever, unlike some diaper bags.
This is my fifth, and I can say that most of the time, through most of my pregnancies, it doesn't seem real at all. Maybe during labor I clue in.