or Connect

Posts by margarita b

Typebug, I keep thinking you and I have so much in common! (Except I'm 39 and having my 5th.... but we're a homeschooling family, mostly) I'm planning to send cards too, maybe after 15 weeks. I may begin to show at that point.   Last time I made a FB announcement around 20 weeks.   Haven't told anyone yet, really, except 2 friends - one by email, one by letter. And a FB message to the girl who had my maternity clothes, which she has since passed on. Oh well! So...
You know what is so funny... well, we never really needed help w/ the other kids, my births have all been so easy, but this time I was thinking, just in case, now who could we get to come for a few hours if it's a daytime birth?   And then I recall that I have a lovely almost 16-yo daughter and a lovely almost 14yo son who can easily read a book, find a movie, get a snack, whatever the 2yo needs.    So there we are. Totally self-sufficient and encapsulated! :) 
Thanks so much for the support, friends. Wow, Cynthia Mosher! I'm honored. :) I don't know if I've ever seen you post much! I was a member here a long time ago.   Jess, yes you echo a few things I feel too. I guess I didn't expect my 4th to go so badly, because with my 2nd and 3rd, my midwife showed up when I was already pushing/about to start pushing, and it was "okay," so I figured this would be too. But I've always had that deep wish to be alone, the desire not...
This is really normal. :)   I usually worry about my babies, even though I totally have faith in normal pregnancy and birth. Now, mother's intuition is very important, and I wouldn't want to discount that, but it's far more common for women to worry themselves sick that something is wrong than for them to be right about it. I'm sure this is partly why ultrasound and c-section rates are so high! I was convinced something was dreadfully wrong during my 2nd pregnancy,...
Got your message - we're only in the same DDC because you figured things out. :) I tried replying but I still can't send pm's. I will keep your message in my inbox and try again if my post count gets higher, or maybe I need to update my flash, I have no idea. I'll keep trying though!
Okay so now you have to tell me, though, what was your mistake? I'm still confused! lol   Oh and really I do this kind of brain cramp thing all the time so I'm glad we don't have to worry about your baby losing size. You can just pm me if you don't want to explain it all here again - I'm a "new user" so I'm not sure if I have pm ability yet but you can try!
I am only 7 weeks so I'm hoping I have lots and lots of time to educate my husband. I won't do a u/c against his wishes; I had wanted to the last time, and he just didn't feel up to the responsibility of caring for me, a newborn, and our other children while trying to fill a birth pool etc. I respected his needs, but in the end my needs were ignored and I had a very, very traumatic birth which took at least 9 months of mental and spiritual recovery. I may write more...
Hi there! I'm expecting #5 too, and I'm hoping my husband will agree to a u/c. All my 4 have been fast and easy home births. I'm due mid-February, so we can be buddies. :)
I"m glad to see this. :) I tried to reply to you a couple of times but I felt like I was just adding to your stress by the things I was suggesting. 
I just checked with my friend who is graduating from sonography school so I could be sure, and she said you definitely can! I was somewhere around 24 weeks, I think. It was a thorough scan, the tech went through layers of the brain, layers of the heart, showed us the cord insertion etc. And maybe undescended testes would look almost the same, but at the same time we've got mother's intuition saying, "I know I'm having a girl baby and yup those are the ovaries right...