or Connect

Posts by SplashingPuddle

It's been 4 weeks since our daughter's birth and I am still bleeding a lot (a pad every 2-3 hours).  Are other people still bleeding or after how long did your bleeding stop?
Circumcision is not an issue in our house of girls, yet I do support circumcision as a choice that a boy can make later in life if he wants to.  Since I don't know of any medical reasons for circumcision of infants (male or female), I see it as other forms of body modification that the individual can choose when ready and informed. (We are not planning on piercing our baby girls' ears either until they want to make that decision themselves).  Still I fully support any...
Congratulations beaglemommy.  Our 3-year old also decided that she didn't want to cut the cord either. The midwife was great because she redirected our daughter away from some of the bloodier parts like delivering the placenta.  I was holding my daughter while having contractions up to 1/2 before the birth.  I've wondered if holding her helped things progress.
Our LO is 8 days now and it has been hard on our 3-year old daughter. Yesterday at dinners she was having a really hard time (kicking, grabbing at baby etc), so I rocked her in my arms like a baby at the dinner table, sung to her, and gave her a bottle. It worked.  She was so sweet afterwards and I really reconnected with her =)
Coco:  We did the home study course for hypnobabies that can be purchased off their website.  If you enter the coupon code hypnomp3 it will give you 50% off the price listed, which might make it a bit more reasonably priced.  Still, I know its expensive.  My first labour was 25 hours, and I think I screamed through the last 8 hours or so, and I was in A LOT of pain for the last 15 hours. This second time, I knew that I really needed some more techniques.    Our...
Our baby girl arrived May 2nd after an extremely short labour.  I started to feel some contractions around 2:30am but wasn't sure it was labour until 3:30am.  It was still mild, then a stronger contraction around 4:45am. At 5am I said to call the midwife, but at 5:02, I was pushing.  We called again. And our daughter arrived within 10minutes.  I was holding our daughter in trying to wait until the midwife arrived, which she did.  As soon as she arrived, I stopped...
We just had an amazing home birth, and I am so grateful it was a home birth because there is no way we could have made it to the hospital. 11 minutes after calling the midwife to come, our daughter was born.  Good thing she lives close! The hospital is further so we wouldn't have made it.
Our baby girl arrived May 2nd after an extremely short labour.  I started to feel some contractions around 2:30am but wasn't sure it was labour until 3:30am.  It was still mild, then a stronger contraction around 4:45am. At 5am I said to call the midwife, but at 5:02, I was pushing.  We called again. And she arrived within 10minutes.  I was holding her in trying to wait until the midwife arrived, which she did.  As soon as she arrived, I stopped pressing her in with my...
Our baby girl arrived May 2nd after an extremely short labour.  I started to feel some contractions around 2:30am but wasn't sure it was labour until 3:30am.  It was still mild, then a stronger contraction around 4:45am. At 5am I said to call the midwife, but at 5:02, I was pushing.  We called again. And she arrived within 10minutes.  I was holding her in trying to wait until the midwife arrived, which she did.  As soon as she arrived, I stopped pressing her in with my...
I have also been oblivious about Eden Organics.  We buy their beans in summer, but use dried beans in the winter when we have a wood stove going anyways.   For insomnia, I am finding hypnobabies scripts helpful -in additional to the ones about birthing, they also have ones for sleep.   My due date has come and gone =(