or Connect

Posts by aprons_and_acorns

I think this is a wonderful idea. I could see something like that really taking off.  
DS is 6.5 and he's never had any problems!
That's outrageous! Not making excuses, but appointments at the bank can be *very* stressful. Let's hope it was just a bad moment for the mom of that little boy. I would be shaking in my boots in that situation. OP you are so good to your DD to get her Elmo car back!
Quote: Originally Posted by oaktreemama My MIL is very very cheap. She is extremely weird around food and will save two green beans in a small container. As she has aged, it has gotten worse. Lately she has been doing something that really bugs me. She brings over an appetizer she served elsewhere that wasn't finished. So for instance, she will bring over half a cream cheese type spread and the crackers left over from bridge night. What do you...
I don't think you under-reacted. The school was forthright about what happened and made a plan to address the situation so it would not happen again. Your son is OK, that's the most important thing. I imagine the parents who called/emailed just wanted to get the full scoop. Why be furious at the little girl? I don't get it. You sound like the kind of mom I would want to be friends with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Random aside? I really hate it when my muffins get muffin tops. Makes them stick to the pan. So true! Maybe this makes me weird, but I think "muffin tops" (the ones on people) are kind of cute.
Quote: Originally Posted by Harmony08 The Best Friend Let me describe.... You know each other very well. You talk to each other 3 or more times a week. Sometimes you talk about the deepest parts of you. Other times you just laugh and chit chat about the day. You know she is there for you. If you called at 2 a.m. she'd be concerned and available. If she called you at 2 a.m. you would be concerned and available to her. You are as eager to hear...
Quote: Originally Posted by ASusan I organize my day - my life - around an analog clock that I "see" in my head. Whatever time it currently is - 8:39, according to my computer digital clock - I am sitting on that time (on an analog clock) on a perpetual clock - that is tied to a day, that is tied to a week, that is embedded in a month, which is embedded in a calendar year, which extends forward and backward in time, forever - and THAT organizes not only...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms. Sisko Bogs! Hardcore, waterproof, super warm, cool-looking and the Classic line is pretty darn wide on my narrow feet. I love my Bogs! They are great for keeping feet dry, and paired with wool socks they keep my feet warm too even in our COLD, subzero Wisconsin winters. They are easy and fast to get on and off, a plus for both me and my son. We love ours. They're cute too! Edited to add: I just...
I think that is an awesome idea! I would let my son have a hot cocoa from you, especially considering you have your own child care program that you would be essentially standing right in front of. In Wisconsin its often really cold for trick-or-treating, and a hot cocoa break would be wonderful. There is a very old man who lives down the block from me, and every Halloween he sits on a stool in his doorway and hand dips ice cream cones for the kids. The kids love it...