or Connect

Posts by aprons_and_acorns

Quote: Originally Posted by Bebe's Mom A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett is a good book as well.(Although it is not technically about a princess) I loved it as a child and I will read it to my DD when she is older. There were a few movies made of the book, most notably with Shirley Temple, but there is a remake as well. I love that book! I must have read it a hundred times when I was a little girl. And Sara's not really a princess...
Quote: Originally Posted by VillageMom6 I have found the best response (for my sanity) is to give the mother what she wants to hear. I'll say, "Wow! That's awesome that Billy is being scouted by the pros! He is such a talented ball player!" "My Bobby? Oh, no. He couldn't hit a ball with the side of a barn." Thus the mother feels validated in her wonderful Billy... and she kind of feels sorry for me and says something "supportive"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Katwoman Your response "wow! I didn't know Bob changed jobs. Last time I talked to him he was an accountant. I can't wait to ask him how he decided to change from an accountant to a professional baseball scout. That must have been quite an adventure." Love this! What a great comeback to a very odd situation! I have found that a tiny bit of self-deprecating humor can go a long way toward taking the wind out of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommabeehilly Ooh...what if you designed a pulley basket. ok might be far fetched...but it's an idea. Or a closet space that your oldest can get into? I have a shoe rack on the back of one of our doors with all of our arts and crafts supplies in it. The things at the bottom are ok for anyone to get into and the things at the top "need supervision." Oh and BTW I thrift all of my baskets. Found several yesterday for less...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird that was very cool, and OMG isn't she *gorgeous*.i want to be her when i grow up. Oh, definitely. She is an inspiration isn't she?
Quote: Originally Posted by mommabeehilly So not all of these are "Waldorf"...like straight from Steiner books, but love them all for their seasonal goodness all the same . Same with my list.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommabeehilly Oh and I just got the Autumn/Winter tales of Tiptoes Lightly it's called The Festival of Stones. It is a sequel of sorts (my understanding) to The Tales of Tiptoes Lightly...which we LOVE in our house! I have not seen that book. On my list it goes!
That was a great read. WRT this one: Quote: You have downloaded and printed or purchased "Thank you for breastfeeding in public" cards to hand out to breastfeeding moms you spot while out and about. And you use them too. There are some in your purse, your glove box, your diaper bag, the back pocket of your jeans, and your kids backpack. You consider it a good day if you got to hand out a few at the mall Is that a real thing people do? I've never...
Quote: Originally Posted by dmpmercury The comments are the best part of the article. It made me very happy to see that a lot of people are aware and that women who had both intact and circumcised men chimed in. I agree! The comments were amazing to read. It only takes a minute to register for an account so I signed up and chimed in with a few words.
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma Because you mention safety, I'm guessing this is a real kid-sized ATV, not a powerwheels thing, and IMO that's a perfectly reasonable thing for you to not want your 3 y.o. to have. There are lots and lots of mainstream parents who wouldn't allow that. Oh my goodness, yes, I was totally picturing a toy! I don't know much about ATVs and wasn't aware they came in a size small enough for a young child.