or Connect

Posts by AlaskAnne

thanks mamadimond.  It's still leaking now and then (originally started about an hour and a half ago), does that change your assessment?  I'm going to call my midwives first thing in the morning to ask and I'm crossing my fingers that it is just watery mucus like you said, but if it is amniotic fluid I'm worried because I'm not feeling any strong contractions....
Well, I'm feeling kind of birthy now.... I was just sitting around with DH in the living room this evening, gliding on my rocker and I felt a little bit of wetness.  i went into the bathroom and I had a little bit of bloody discharge.  i kept wiping and it was still wet and a little pink and kept dribbling a little into the toilet. Is this just my mucus plug or did my waters just break/start leaking?  It seemed more watery v. "mucusy" if that makes sense.  It definitely...
Yay mama!!  Way to go and welcome to the world Aelwynn!
Yay esp!!  Sounds like a great birth, thank you for sharing.  Congrats to you and welcome to little True!
Kaliki, I am so impressed by your story, thank you for sharing it with us!
Sewed this pouch and filled it with flax seeds and some dried lavender from my moms garden. I'm going to make more of these little "hotties" for friends who are pregnant! I've been making a ton of these onesies to give away. I'm using scrap fabrics to appliqué onto upcycled onesies and then hand stitching. The rabbit is my fav but I also have a fish, whale, heart, star, and 4 leaf clover. (Sorry pic is upside down)
Babies!  So exciting!  Tropicana, Esp, and Kaliki - congrats!   For all of you who are getting close, hang in there, you don't have much longer to go.  AFM, I'm not feeling too birthy yet but I have noticed a few more "twinges" in my cervix when I get up or chance positions.  I'm just continuing to gather up the little things that I think I need and trying to take it easy.  Today one of my colleagues was really sweet and took me grocery shopping with her, helped me...
Hi all - its been a while since I've posted (typical excuses: J-O-B and getting ready for a baby!) but I have been reading once in a while and appreciate all of the tidbits I glean from you ladies.  I can't imagine all of the things I never would have thought of without this group!  So thanks!   Kel - I am so impressed with your beautiful projects!  And Stegen, your baby shower gifts are adorable.  I had my shower a couple weekends ago and I was thrilled to get so...
thanks for all the wisdom ladies!    mama harrison - what are chux pads?  I keep seeing them mentioned but I have no idea what they are.  From what you all are saying I'm thinking something absorbent on top of the sheet makes more sense.  I definitely like the idea of not washing the sheets every day if there is a mess.... So maybe the nice waterproof pads are just an insurance policy.   annaka - thanks for the bottle advice!  good to know that I should go with...
Experienced mamas - now that I'm getting closer I'm starting to think about rounding up the essentials and things I'll need in the first few months.  I'm pretty much set, except for a few things.  If you have any opinions about any of these items I'd be grateful!   Bottles - I plan on going back to work after about 2 months (part time for a month, then transition back to full time).  From what I've read Born Free and Dr. Browns are both breastfeeding compatible.  I...