or Connect

Posts by AlaskAnne

Congratulations! So glad to hear you and baby Matilda (love the name) are doing well!
You ladies look great!!   Here we are at 28.5 weeks at Cove Palisade State Park near Bend, Oregon.  Halfway through a 4 mile hike up the side of cliff, basically.  Felt pretty damn good!  
Hello mamas!     I've been on vacation for 8 days now and haven't been able to check in.  Glad everyone is hanging in there with the aches and pains and getting excited to meet their little ones!  I know I am!   Our vacation has been wonderful!  DH and I visited some of my family in Boise and then drove across Eastern Oregon in 4 days (camping the whole way).  My relatives in Boise threw us an impromtu shower which was so sweet.  Camping was fabulous - I was...
Kaliki- You are definitely not the only one!  I feel like you are reading my mind with your post.  I have been thinking about these same issues throughout my pregnancy.  I have heard of that book but have not read it.  There was an expose article in the Chicago tribune earlier this year about the whole fire-retardent issue (scam, really) and that is how I became aware of it.  I had no idea!!  Most people I talk to don't.  Today when I talked to my midwife about getting a...
I hate the idea of buying a specific "diaper" bag.  And I REALLY hate all the cute-sy baby themed colors of everything I've seen.     I'm planning to use my Timbuk2 messenger bag - http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/classic-messenger/1914221
OK, I am now joining the rest of you in the "unhappy sleeper" club.  :(  I have never had problems sleeping before so this is rather perturbing!!    Kel - this is the same for me!  I don't have trouble getting back to sleep, it just the constant wake-ups that are driving me nuts.  What seems to wake me up is rolling over onto my back.  I'm normally a back sleeper so I think part of me really wants to sleep like that, and then the other part of me is like "NO, this is...
Hotel bathroom shot at exactly 25 weeks.  I think I've even popped out more in just the last few days since then (now at 25w3d).      
Hi all - I'm new on here and expecting my first baby on December 28th. I've mostly been posting on my DDC group since this group didn't seem very active this summer.     A little about me: I live in Anchorage with my husband.  I'm from Washington originally but have lived here since 2003.  My husband is Anchorage born and raised.  We just bought a house that is a major fixer upper so gardening didn't happening this summer - too much else going on!  I like to knit,...
I feel your pain travelmumma! Some days I'm so tired and frustrated by the time get home from work I just want to crawl in bed immediately. I really have no good advice bc if your situation is anything like mine, it's often not realistic to abandon the responsibilities that are causing the stress. Unfortunately sometimes you just have to suck it up and deal the best you can for the time being. And just remember, we don't have that far to go till we get to meet our little...
Kel - so jealous of your blackberries!  Growing up in Washington I remember picking wild ones by random roadsides.  Yummy.     Lulu - this is the registry I found - http://www.encorebabyregistry.com/