or Connect

Posts by AlaskAnne

Lulu!  I love your gowns - they are awesome!!  I just purchased a ball point needle for my machine and I'm excited to start making some of these with the stack of t-shirts I've accumulated.
Chica - like you, I have been totally "geeking out" about cloth diapers (love that descriptor).  It's kind of embarrassing how much time I have spent learning about the different options.  In my defense (to my husband usually) it is really freaking complicated if you have no experience with it or have a close friend or family member who has diapered a baby recently!   I have acquired a few things so far, and am putting some of the rest on my registry, will see what I...
Happy Sunday everyone!  I had meant to post on here much earlier in the week but my intentions were foiled on Tuesday night when our power went out due a big windstorm.  Major transmission lines went down and we didn't get power until Thursday morning.  Some people in Anchorage are STILL without power so I feel lucky.  Other than the storm it has been a lovely fall here.  Ours is usually short and brilliant. Sometimes I don't enjoy it that much because I know the long...
Tropicana - I don't think you could find a more private location!!!!  Some...ummm...amenities (like a hot shower!) would be lacking.    
love all the bellies (especially your photo booth shot Kate)!   Mine still looks so pitifully tiny at 23 weeks but i swear its getting bigger. *sigh*    
Thanks for starting this thread darkblue! Greetings to all of you - I haven't been very good about posting on here because I have been so busy at work, but I have been keeping up on reading and I'm thinking of you all (even if I don't post very often!)   My stress at work has been fairly high on some days and I worry about it affecting LC.  I have been trying really hard to mentally s-l-o-w down when I start feeling overwhelmed/frustrated and that helps a little....
Yay Christy!!  Isn't it awesome?   Purposeful, you are a knitting goddess.  Those outfits are SO adorable!   What pattern do you use for the knitted pants?  Do you have to adjust the size to account for shrinking/felting?
Kel - I LOVE the gown, it is so cute!   Christy - I have been meaning to write something to you about continental knitting.  I am a continental knitter and I feel like it is SO much easier that the regular way.  And faster.  Also, I'm left handed and I think it is generally an easier method for lefties.  Luckily for me, I had a great teacher (my mom). It can be tricky to learn without a teacher (which is hard to find because most people knit the other way).  My mom...
So glad to be posting here! Still don't have much of a bump (I don't think anyone else can notice, or if they do they just think I'm getting a beer gut!)     Stats and pic as of today (21w2d).   Baby #: 1 Baby's sex: Surprise, but we think its a girl (we call the baby "LC" for love child, DH thought of that one!) Name picked: Got some great girl name options (Elsa or Annalise right now) but I'm not liking any boys names :( Weight gained so far: 9...
LOL!  I swear the baby is in there!  According to the ultrasound he/she is normal sized.  I'm traveling for work right now but when I get back I'll post a 21 week pic which shows some progress (although the boobs are still in the lead I think).  :)