or Connect

Posts by AlaskAnne

Name: Courtney EDD: 12/28/12  #Pregnancy/baby: 1/1 Your age/age at the birth: 30/31 Family: Husband (35) and 1 sweet kitty How long did it take to get your BFP: a couple months off BC Birth plans: birth center - option of water birth although I'm trying not to get "set" on anything too specific and just going with the flow.  Most important to me is to have a calm, peaceful environment with the absolute minimum number of people involved (me, my husband, and...
Ugh, just thinking about this stresses me out.  I probably won't leave the house much in January for fear of freezing the poor baby.  Once I do feel comfortable taking him/her out for short walks, I'll probably use an Ergo and then bundle one of my husband's down jackets around us.  I'll look completely ridiculous but luckily most people in Alaska in the wintertime look ridiculous!     For car travel, I'm hoping to find/make/be given a big ol' warm blanket to cover...
Lots of great ideas here - I've never heard of making vanilla extract before but it sounds fun and would be a unique gift.  I like the idea of food gifts.  In the past I've always baked cookies for co-workers and in-town friends.   Our holiday plan is pretty different this year.  Not be a debbie downer or rain on the parade of all of these awesome projects, but we will not be doing gifts at all this year.  We did it last year and it was wonderful.  My husband's...
esp - so exciting that you get to find out the sex today!     sego - way to go on your grant application!  I work in fundraising for a non profit and grants are a lot of work (but fun to write when you really believe in the cause).   ceilo - congrats on the girl!!   Like many of you I'm getting lots of movement.  It has taken my excitement for this babe to a whole new level.  I can't wait until we can feel him/her from the outside so my husband can get some...
Chica - we bought a Chariot system (www.chariotcarriers.com) which I know you can get in the UK/Europe.  The company was recently bought out by Thule.  This is our first baby so I can't say for sure how great they are, but they are SUPER popular here in Alaska with the outdoorsy/active crowd and we have lot of friends who have kids who swear by them.  You buy the chasis and then there are different kits that come separately (stroller/jogger/bike/ski).  We got all but the...
That is too funny!!
Had a great weekend.  Went fishing with my husband, sister in law and brother in law on the Kenai Peninsula for sockeye salmon.  We got 19 fish total, 8 to give away to family and 11 to keep.  Grilling fresh salmon for the second night in a row...its like candy!     One of the most exciting parts of the trip was that I really started to feel the baby!  I first started feeling .... something.... earlier in the week but I wasn't sure. Now I'm positive its baby...
Congrats Tropicana!!
That belly is hilarious! I may have to go to the Gap just to get a similar photo...
Went to dinner at some friends' house last night (they have a 8.5 month old named Simon). She told me about this great baby name book and website called The Baby Name Wizard or babynamewizard.com. Have any of you ladies seen this site?  It is pretty fascinating, you can track the popularity of names over time with these really nifty interactive graphs.  I think I might become obsessed...