or Connect

Posts by emmagrace

Yeah, I was a little confused as to why THEY were so confused about it, and I chuckled when it turned out he was from a cult.  Whatever, it's network TV -- no big surprise.  
Purpledragonfly -- I'm wondering if you got this sorted?   I'm 33 weeks with my first baby, and planning a homebirth with a CPM.  While my husband wasn't thrilled with the idea of homebirth at first, he never said "no" and eventually came around to the idea when he listened to me and my feelings about it.  I don't personally feel comfortable with UC, but I definitely see the appeal, and if I planned a hospital birth, I could honestly see myself refusing to go when...
I am thrilled to announce that at 33 weeks pregnant, I have finally found my homebirth midwife!  She is wonderful, and our long meeting today made me feel so confident and excited about my upcoming birth.  I was really getting down, and feeling like I'd have to give up and just birth in the hospital.  I'm so happy!   Yet another reason CPMs need to be recognized and licensed in IL.  It would be such a reduction in hassle and headache for would-be homebirth mamas in...
I am thrilled to announce that at 33 weeks pregnant, I have finally found my homebirth midwife!  She is wonderful, and our long meeting today made me feel so confident and excited about my upcoming birth.  I was really getting down, and feeling like I'd have to give up and just birth in the hospital.  I'm so happy!   Yet another reason CPMs need to be recognized and licensed in IL.  It would be such a reduction in hassle and headache for would-be homebirth mamas in...
I am in Chicago, and on Medicaid.  After a long and arduous search for an HB midwife, I have a meeting on Tuesday with a CPM who made a better impression on me in one phone call than the two CNMs I met with in person.  Also, she is not way out in the suburbs, which was another factor for me, as we don't have a car, and getting rides to Warrenville to a midwife I wasn't thrilled with didn't sound ideal to me.     I had gotten so frustrated trying to figure this out...
26 weeks, 4 days.  My first pregnancy, and first belly pic. 
I'm 24 weeks.  I'll be 35 years old next month, and this is my first baby. My next scheduled appointment is for the glucose test.  After finding out that I'll have to have 50 grams of sugar on an empty stomach, I have no interest in doing this.  I barely ever eat sweets, I don't drink soda, and on the rare occasions that I do, I react badly (seriously, if I drink a whole glass of Sprite, I get terrible jitters nearly to the point of delusion, and I throw up).  I know...
Username:  emmagrace Real name:  Emma Grace EDD:  December 17th, 2012 Homebirth with CNM I felt like it was a girl, and turns out she is!
I am currently on the hunt for a home birth midwife, and hopefully one that can see me in Chicago (no car) and accepts Medicaid.  I have a consultation with Sarah Simmons this week (I know she does not take Medicaid, but I'm prepared to pay out of pocket if ultimately necessary), but I was wondering if anyone knew if Gentle Birth Care (Hillary Kieser) takes Medicaid?  They are located in Oak Park, but I've read they also see patients in the city at Mother Me.  I'm...