or Connect

Posts by Ms Rabbit

Name: Andrea EDD: Jan 27th #Pregnancy/baby: 3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby Your age/age at the birth: 27 Family: Mr. Rabbit (DH, 29), DS1 (3) and DS2 (16 months) How long did it take to get your BFP: 2nd PP cycle after DS2 Birth plans: Home birth again. Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: To enjoy things! Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I expect this baby to be born on the due date as it will be a full moon. DS1 was 7 days late and DS2 5 days early,...
It took until around the 12 month mark before I had to leave my boys with someone else, and only because Mat Leave was ending and I needed to head back to work. DS1 is 3 and Ds2 is 16 months, and they have only been cared for by my sister, who is their nanny while I am at work.Now that I am back to work f/t, I am only away from them while I am working, DH and I don't take date nights, and I don't take 'me time' outside of the house. Working keeps me away from them much...
ETA: Potential trigger - minor physical abuse. I didn't realize I would get into as much detailed as I did.   My parents both made several mistakes; I am both terrified and determined to raise my children much, much differently.   My parents were terrible with money. My mom never wanted to be a mother (we've heard her say this on several occasions). In the early years of her marriage, I believe she saw it as a means to not have to work. Serious health problems...
I definitely feel a lot of guilt. Full on guilt for sitting here at work instead of at home with my boys.   DH and I both work f/t and bring home fairly equal salaries. We are both well paid and enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle. However, we could get by on one salary. I think I would rather be a SAHM right now, but I just cannot seem to bring myself to leave my job. Whenever I get closer to making the decision, I panic and back out. I like the stability and comfort...
I am the oldest out of 4 children. My parents had me, 6 years later had my sister, 18 months later had brother1 and 13 months later had brother2. Growing up it was naturally expected of me to be "moms little helper", and I often resented that role. I was too old to really share anything in common with my siblings, and they were so close in age they were the best of friends. They shared toys, interests, friends, experiences, etc. They had a blast growing up and still...
My births are attended by DH, Midwives and a student. There will be plenty of time for MIL (and anyone else) to see the new baby; when I am naked, squatting on a bed and pushing said baby out is not one of them!   Hopefully your DH has let it go since your last comment to him?   ETA: Sarcasm aside, our view is birth is a precious and private experience, not a show for others to enjoy. I think DH and I deserve to be the first ones to meet this little miracle we...
My son was 19 months when DS2 was born at home. He stayed with my all throughout the labour, in the begining he thought we were pretending to be farm animals on our hands and knees groaning (and he 'mooing'), so he was fine. He did begin to understand I was in pain near the end, and he rubbed my hair and fed me ice-chips until my sister arrived to keep him company. But he was never afraid or worried, and never mentioned anything after the birth.   I've given birth in...
I just joined today actually! I am a long time lurker, and it is going to be a slow time at work over the summer, so I figured now is a great time to get started!   I am going to appreciate the ability to connect with other like-minded parents, people in my real-life circle think I am practicing witchcraft on my kids by home birthing, co-sleeping, clothing diapering and breastfeeding. :)
I started showing a few minutes after getting my BFP I was actually offered a seat on the subway around 6 weeks! Third baby in just over 3 years, my tummy muscles aren't even trying anymore.  
I am pregnant with baby #3, and all 3 times I have had unexplained dizziness. With my first I actually fainted several times (often on a crowded subway at rush hour, so air circulation probably had something to do with it). I don't travel without a juice box and granola bar on me, try to graze all day long, but honestly, the only thing that has worked is time. By about 20 weeks it subsides for me.