or Connect

Posts by Ms Rabbit

I don't have any tips, but I am also curious for reviews.   My midwives suggested I get one to ease my pubic bone pain, but I can't see how I can wear it! This is totally for esthetic reasons, but I work in a downtown corporate environment and need to dress appropriately, and that belt would just interfere with almost every outfit I own. It looks like you could only get away with it while wearing sweats... They seem expensive ($70 or so), so I want to make sure it is...
I'm preparing for Maternity Leave #3, I took the full year both times with my last 2 DSs and faced similar questions/reservations about how to manage returning to work.   The thing I found the work the best for my family? Take it day by day. Planning to 'do this' or have 'that evening routine' just flew out the window once I was actually back to work full time. With DS1, evenings were easy and fun, I found I ended up having much more energy then I thought I was going...
I guess boy!
I agree with pp about the daycare provider - 1 day is not nearly long enough!   I went back to work when DS2 was 12 months old and would only fall asleep if nursed. I was very nervous about leaving him during the day and how he was going to handle naptime, but after only a few days it wasn't even an issue! Our nanny would start the naptime routine at the same time each day, but instead of nursing he received cuddles and stories until he fell asleep. He only put up a...
While we don't really need to save that money, it was just a big shock to see how much we were spending a month! I wasn't sure if this was average, or if we were known as "those people who are in here every single Friday!!" at the local pizza parlour :)   I admit, I also resort to rotisserie chicken from our neighbourhood supermarket, as well as chicken nuggets (one of the few things on my 3yr old's picky-eater-approved-list).
I am sorry you are having to deal with this while pregnant!   My son did something similar a few months ago, he hadn't had an accident in almost 1 year and out of the blue he started peeing himself. I believe he was trying to test, see what would happen, what my reaction would be, etc. The first few times I was surprised, even concerned, but soon realized it was more of a game than anything (he would smirk when he was telling me what happened).   My approach was...
Go ahead and complain away - that is a lot on your plate!   We moved once when I was pregnant with DS1, and again when DS2 was only 4 weeks old. It sucked! And both times we were moving to familiar places with family and supports already in place. Good luck with everything, I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible for you!
I did a registry for my shower with DS1; and I honestly wished more people would have bought off it! I ended up with so many useless things (ie. teddy bears and picture frames), and nothing we really wanted or needed. My shower was at 37 weeks, and we didn't want to buy anything until after so we could see what we got/what we needed. We ended up waddling around department stores at full term trying to get everything, as we had nothing! For DS2 I didn't do a registry,...
Organicviolin - that is actually one of the strollers I have been looking at (as well as the City Mini and the Britax B-Agile). Our boys are very similar in age; one concern I have about a tandem is how well it will work for DS1, as ideally both boys can use it a while and I can wear DS3 while he is still tiny. I can forsee him wanting to jump in and out alot (we also frequent the zoo, museum, etc. regularly), and I was thinking a side-by-side might be easier for that...
Avasmom - what a great picture!   You all have such amazing bellies! I am 21 weeks and still haven't taken 1 picture yet . Maybe tonight I'll get DH to snap some.