or Connect

Posts by Jess Sabo

Oh my goodness: I have a 5-year old and 20 month twins, and I agree with the other moms who have responded- it is just very hard!  My two little girls did not sleep or nap well either: so many times I would try to nurse them to sleep, and they wouldn't sleep, and I would end up going for a walk or a drive just to get them to sleep.  It was so very exhausting.  I can't imagine also homeschooling a child: it was all I could do to get my daughter dropped off for her 3-hour...
Wow- your midwife situation sounds really ideal.  :-)  I wish all women could be as well supported.  Yeah- the eating was really intense.  I actually wasn't sure I was having twins until I was 7 months pregnant. I started suspecting at 4 months, but we didn't confirm until 7.  So my protein goal was 80 grams until the third trimester, but I was SO sick until 5 months that I have no idea how much protein I was getting- there were days when microwave burritos were the only...
Hi There!   I birthed at home with my twins!  :-)  They have one older sister.  They were fraternal, and in their own sacs.  My midwife was so wonderful: when we found out it was twins she said "you know, people freak out about twins, but it's really simple.  One baby comes out, and then the other baby comes out."  :-)  I birthed in a tub.  My first baby was posterior, and that was really hard with lower back pain and a longer labor.  But I think it was long and...
I am still breastfeeding my 13-month old twins, and when they were born their older sister was 4.  I love breastfeeding and holding my babies also, but I would describe the first three weeks of getting BF established as pretty excrutiating.  It's so much work!  One of my babies didn't latch well, and even as an experienced breastfeeder, I really benefitted from help from a Lactation Consultant.  It's possible you'll find a LLL Leader to come to your house for free, if...
I have fraternal girls, born at home at 38 weeks.  Went into labor spontaneously.  Only one sonogram at 7 months, and tried to avoid doppler (used it a handful of times, and during labor).  Didn't feel I was high risk: my midwife had me eat 120 g of protein a day, get extra rest, and drink NORA tea in my last trimester.  Pregnancy was really challenging and painful because I was so huge, but I don't think twin mommas deserve to be called high risk unless they develop...