or Connect

Posts by typebug

It's really tough at the beginning until you figure out what the quickest way is to un-clog and move forward. Try everything! Make sure you get rest when you have them, they go away a lot faster if you unburden your day and focus on the task at hand. Over time I learned to handle the pain and enjoy the days when it isn't there. [sigh] Yeah. It's not an easy slog. Get some help from your practitioners. I never got around to trying acupuncture but it's been on my list. 
First of all HUG! Yes, I have very fatty milk too and a big baby who is thriving on it. From 2 months to 10 months I had clogged ducts about every 7 days. Usually I'd get 1-3 on one side for 24 hours and then a few days I get a few more on the other side. I still, at 13 months, get a them once a month but with my little guy moving along with eating solids I think my milk is finally less thick.   With my clogged ducts I get blebs or milk blisters. Despite reading that...
 Just wanted to check in and see how all of this is going for you now. Any improvements? 
Having an interesting time with DS weaning lately. He's just about 13 months now. I give him three large solid food meals a day and three snacks and let him nurse on demand. He has gone down to nursing twice in the day time, 1-2 times at night then nursing again waking and bedtime. About 6 times in 24 hours. It was gradual, I did nothing. He just never asked to nurse anymore except to sleep. That's been his norm since he started walking at 10 months old. Then he dropped...
Depending on where you are at with food introductions this is when you can slowly start some proteins and grains too. Meanwhile veggies... really anything that you can cook to a point that it's not hard to gum it to break it down. We just slightly overcooked anything we were eating for baby. Cauliflower and broccoli were always a hit. Peeled, steamed zucchini and summer squash... really young asparagus and then root veggies. Squash chunks are always fun to nom on. 
 "Mama, we're going to need boob over here stat!" - My husband tending to my toddler after a faceplant   Yes, it's nice to have that support. Yay for daddies respecting the power of breastfeeding. I'm pretty open. I grew up among extended breastfeeding moms and knew lots of 4 and 5 year olds who nursed at bed time. I'm noticing my son has started to just cut back on his own. He rarely asks during the day at all, I have to remind him so I don't get engorged as he's only...
  Hugs Mama. I went through quite a melt-down period some years ago and it was such a blow to my confidence. I'm trying to think of things that helped me. Homeopathy, some therapy (lots in the form of great conversations with friends but also seeing a professional). I had this practise of writing down all the huge tasks ahead of me and then breaking them down into really tiny steps that got me through really bad days. It helped me feel accomplished even if I'd only done...
1)  My Ergo and Boba carriers 2)  Baby Bjorn Babysitter Bouncer 3) Oxyclean
7lbs 15 oz, 22" then, 25lbs, 31" now
We should find some baby Hazmat suits. Getting sick from daycare is such a cruel thing. Glad to hear from you Teles! It sounds like a busy but healthy life you are living and Mila is getting to have the best of all worlds. I had my own little moment this past week that made me realize just how much I need support in my life. Hubby is away on business (outside the country, and many time zones away) a little more than 1/4 of the time each month and is working 7am to 8pm...