or Connect

Posts by Dakotacakes

Honestly, I am not loving this one.  I think that her tone will distract from the message at best, or it will turn out to be a hoax at worst.  For one thing I dislike the connotation that "her mother chose not to have her vaccinated" and that she lived around the anti-vaccine movement in Sydney at the time.  That her mother wasn't part of it but that she was blind to the consequences of not vaccinating.  I dislike the mother blaming that runs through this especially since...
Sorry your little guy is sick.
For my DS the three I would choose if I could only choose 3 would be:  DTAP- mainly for pertussis HIB- because that is scary to me MMR- because of the high rate of complications with Measles and the fact that it is still around.  Also mumps can cause infertility in males who acquire it after puberty   Those I would decline if I HAD to:   HPV- I have a boy which makes it easier, and I am not completely sure I will do HPV when the time comes for it. Chickenpox-...
I am also not a medical doctor.  But I like to play "what if" so I will.   Personally, I would not fire or refuse to see a patient based on only uneasiness to vaccinate.  Especially if that was from fear of reactions etc.  But It was part of an overall philosophy that doctors are harming children, to line their own pockets after being paid off by big Pharma?  then yes I would refuse to care for that person because if they have no respect for me or my profession, and...
  Actually if you read the link you just posted you will find that the AAP does not recommend universal  male circumcision and says so directly in the link you just posted.    The quote is: (bolding mine). "After a comprehensive review of the scientific evidence, the American Academy of Pediatrics found the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision" So, no I doubt a...
For the most part it is a fine idea.  I personally didn't do it that way, but that does't mean it isn't the right way.  The only caveat I would have is to find a place to get vaccines that doesn't mix people in waiting rooms.  The only potential problem I see with this idea is that if you go to a doctor's office that mixes well and sick visits you are increasing the exposure to non VPDs  in a very young infant.  But if you go to a well child immunization clinic or an...
Also his son David was convicted and fined $10,000 for practicing medicine without a license in Maryland.  He has a BA and was involved in giving lupron to children!   And the datalink breaches were serious.  of course they limit who has access to the data and what can be done with it.  The data contains confidential information (medical records).  The breaches included Mark Geier trying to rename files, and remove files from the secure location which was a clear breach...
We all got our flu shots this week.  No reactions for DS (2 years) or DH, I have a sore arm I think because I tense up no matter what I try to do.
1.)  No one has attacked Katie Couric in this thread.   2.) It isn't simple.  We have no idea if the people who watch Katie Couric's show are the  making decisions on HPV vaccines!  That is what all of my posts have been clearly demonstrating.  We know the age group of those making a decision on HPV (mothers of 11-18 year old females so around  women 36-54).  But we do not have enough information on Katie Couric viewership to draw inference into whether or not they are...
The median age of motherhood also doesn't tell us anything about Katie Couric's potential influence.  It has nothing to do with the target group that watches Katie's SHow.  What I am saying is we have no idea what the viewership of Katie's show is from the Median age unless we also know the age range from which that Median is drawn.  To know the potential you would need to know The size of the 25-54 female demographic (which is the age range that would be facing this...