or Connect

Posts by Outoftheloop

We are engaged and planning a wedding, and I take an active approach to my step daughter. For the past three years I have been active in every aspect with her, I will not take a lazy approach and let dad handle everything and struggle, A marriage is a team work, and I think if I do set back and let him handle everything thats a bad attitude on my part.   I was just asking how other step families communicate about school. and I got a farily clear answer to contact the...
I agree this is exactly what we went through this entire year. Hubby and I talked last night and if the school is still open on tuesday, he is contacting them to be placed on all emailing lists, and to get a copy of all paper correspondence. I hope this isnt too much of a hastle for the teacher our SD will have next year.   ALSO hubby is going to speak to his ex about communication, and anything to do with school that is "special", or last minute, or happening on our days...
Now I see both sides I understand if we want the information about SD's school we need to ask for it directly from the school.   I just don't understand the "withholding" or "forgetting" it would have been A LOT easier if bio-mom felt that way to tell us directly to contact the school ourselves, and save lots of hastle, for both sides.     As for the paperwork they signed when they broke up, it was signed by mother and father and a mediator as a witness, but no...
my fiancé and I have been together for 3 years and live our lives like we are married already. We got our home, careers, routine etc. My SD is with us every weekend and my fiancé and his ex(never married just dated) have never been to court just a mediator. She has full custody but shares time really well. SD is 5 years old and went through kindergarten and my fiancé missed her first parent teacher interview b/c his ex "forgot" to tell him about it. She also forgot to...