or Connect

Posts by zoooteacher

Hey all - busy here, but good. Gearing up for our farming season - breeding our goats for summer kids, planting seeds like crazy for transplanting out come April. Georgia just cut her first top tooth, so now she's up to three, with two right below the surface - she's getting quite a toothy grin. She rolls like crazy, it's her preferred mode of transport, and I'm anxious to see her starting to sit up, but trying not to worry about it! We're moving the pack n' play into...
DH has game night going on and I couldn't sleep, so here I am Gi is doing well, but we had a scary week last week - she had a cold, which turned very quickly into RSV and a double ear infection. She couldn't nurse, and before we knew it she was dehydrated and we were at the hospital for three days. poor baby...she's fine now, but the iv, the spinal, all that. I hope it's a LONG,LONG time before we are ever in the hospital again! Gi is eating up a storm - she loves...
We love the They Might Be Giants cds for kids - we have the Alphabet one, and 'No". I've heard great things about Dan Zanes too.
hey all, hope y'all had as lovely a holiday as we did. I'm home for the whole week - yay! Pretty unhappy baby today - maybe her top tooth coming in, since I can see it right under the gum, but she's been nursing much more frequently too so maybe it's a growth spurt. She's nursing now, and when her dad gets home he'll take over while I return a bunch of gifts for credit at BRU- we're keeping the cute drop n' roar dino she got, but that's about our plastic limit- and go to...
Hey all - been so busy I'm practically never online anymore, but it's been a good transition to working mama-hood, better then I expected. Gi's dad drops her off at preschool which she likes well enough or her g-pa arrives here at the house to babysit around 9 or 10, and I get home by 3:15 (I'm a HS Bio teacher) She only usually takes one bottle a day, so it's been pretty low stress keeping up with her - I pump 6 or 7 ounces once a dya at work, but haven't been pumping at...
Hey all - we're still here, just not on the computer much I guess. Gi is doing well...I go back to work in three weeks but feel pretty good about my chird care arragmeents..she's doing well with my dad and aunt who watch her on Mon/Fri and I like the daycare/preschool down the street that I finally decided on for the middle of the week. It'll be nice to have her so close, even though I won't be able to see her at lunch - we only get 25 minutes. We'll both be back home by...
I thought I might tutor instead of going back to work, but now that I'm actually doing it, I decided to go back to the classroom. I don't like the combination of the hours (after school and weekends...when DH comes home, so we end up being two ships passing in the night) and the lower pay, which means I work almost 20 hours to just get by, when with 30 in the classroom I have a more regular schedule, not to mention sick and personal days. If we needed a little less to get...
I've been trying NOT to worry so much about money - not spending any more, just less obsessing, cuz I was getting a little TOO crazed, but I'm happy to report that one of my goals has finally become a habit - hooray! I started buying paper towels one roll at a time, and buying the more expensive 100 percent recycled, unbleached ones. Not having them handy and sending more per roll seems to have done the trick...with two dogs and a new baby we do have the occasional mess,...
I don't go back full time till Dec 1st, a blessing, but subbing on Fridays is going ok, and I am almost finished the process so I can start tutoring for an online company from home. Once that goes through I'm going to bail on the franchise I signed up with, since I have so few hours I spend almost as much as I'm making on gas! I'm not making much every week but feel better bolstering things a bit so we aren't so much in the red come December. Taking Gi on her first...
goatweb is also a great resource! I'd go with a dairy goat too....ours have always been very friendly and sweet!