or Connect

Posts by Maitrima

Thanks all. I talked briefly with the director this morning and she swears they aren't just feeding her for comfort, that they hold her too and try other things before feeding, but that she's a "growing girl." My husband was surprised that she's taking so much with them because on weekends with bfing or the odd day when he's had her by himself, she hasn't really been eating that much during the day. We didn't know how much, but this daycare stuff is putting it into...
Thanks for all the replies; I came down with a cold recently so I'm just getting back to you all.    This morning I gave them 5 bottles with about 1-2 oz each (maybe one of them with 3 oz.). I normally visit at noon, but knew I had a meeting and came at 2 instead - they had called me while I was on my way to say they'd run out of bottles. (I nursed her while visiting and brought 2 more bottles with about 2 oz each for after I left). Does that sound like enough? More...
My 5.5 mo old dd just started daycare a few days ago and we're working out the kinks of pumping, bottles, etc. Since it seems to me like AP moms who have their infants in daycare (vs. with family or a nanny, or even at-home-daycare) might be far and few between, I'd love to hear from anyone who fits this!   At my dd's daycare, she's the only BF baby and I'm trying to sort out how much milk to pump (& how often), and whether to err on the side of pushing them to not...
I would also vote for the Mental Health Counselor degree - especially if that's more your passion. I think there's so much more you could do with it. Good luck!
Yes! I just went back to work and started realizing what a rare breed the AP Working (Outside of Home) Mom is (and why - now that I'm pumping and dealing with daycare). I'm thinking about starting a Meetup group in my area, but was going to wait till I'd been back at work a little longer than 3-4 days to see if I'll really have the energy/interest :-)
Thanks ladies, these are all great ideas! Definitely planning on giving myself a post-partum grace period & seeing how things go, especially those first several weeks. And I'm sure "entertainment" alone will be a great source of ways to cut back. 
Update - I hadn't passed the 2nd glucose test either. Spent a week or so pretty cranky about it and was pissed (and refused) when they tried to send me to a perinatologist for it, but adjusted. Saw a dietician and have been monitoring my glucose, bringing in my numbers to midwife each week. So far so good.   Of course, now my big thing is waiting for the Group B Step results from a couple of days ago. If I can pass that one I will be one extremely happy...
Thanks DZ :-) Yes - freezing! Planning on getting a handle on that, too. I'm not normally great about using things I've put in the freezer, but planning to get some new containers, labels or tape, a sharpie, and getting some meals in there for those first weeks after baby is born. Hopefully that'll jump start some better freezer habits.   Where meal planning is concerned, I'm focused on balancing frugal with low-gluten for hubs, gestational diabetes for me (for now...
Looking for pediatrician recommendations in the South FL area - specifically southern PB county.   I'd like to find a ped who is friendly toward alternative vaccination schedules, wouldn't rush to use antibiotics, has good hours/availability, etc. 
In South (southeast) FL you'll likely find better availability of things that are crunchy, organic, etc. but where everything else is concerned it won't come so close to the kinds of towns you would find in CA, OR, etc. We're highly populated with unfriendly, high-strung people and not very bike friendly. Although to be fair, most of FL is not very bike friendly. Pockets where you may have the best chances for what you're looking for in SoFla might be Delray Beach,...