or Connect

Posts by chefmommy

Has anyone been to appellate court before? 
All I can say is that they allowed him to get away without paying CS for 18 months. They allowed him to stalk me after my lawyer talked me into dropping the TRO for a civil order instead. Now we will go to appellate court where his cs will probably be reduced and I will never see the $30,000.00 he owes me in arrears. Every time we go back to court to enforce something it costs me another $6,000+ dollars:(
I find it very frustrating - our legal system where children can be used like pawns, men do not need to be responsible for their children, judges give orders that may or may not be followed, lawyers seem to care only about making money (at least mine). Why does this process need to take so long? It is obvious we are never going to settle and we should have had a trial 18 months ago. Now I am broke, losing my house, cannot pay my bills and have tremendous legal bills...
Yes, I have sent him several emails asking his to not respond to the emails and he keeps writing back that the Judge would not like it since stbx is pro-se. Do I need to go pro-se? Scared with appellate court coming up. Don't want to lose custody or have anything turn around against me. What the judge ordered is not ideal, but, it is better than what stbx is proposing. 
I believe it is for trial preparedness, yet, he says he won't go to trial??? I told him to cancel it. Now he says I have to go into his office to meet. We have the child support appeal in 3 weeks and I told him we could talk then. He wrote that if I won't meet in person he will withdraw from the case. Is he playing me? Why the deposition if he won't go to trial? I am so confused!   My stbx is pro-se and is constantly sending emails to my lawyer and I get billed every...
I asked him to cancel the deposition since he said he will not allow this case to go to trial because of the high balance on the bill. Balance due to the 4 times I have had to go to court because of non-payment of child support! Now he wants to meet in person to discuss and says he will withdraw from the case if I don't agree. He won't provide the files - I only asked for the initial stuff. What am I going to do?
Fourplusme - so sorry about your situation. I have to say that the red flag for me is the fact that he won't part with his phone. What is going on with the conversations he doesn't want you to see? His words don't match his actions and if it were me I would want to know what his phone messages look like before I would believe anything he says. Was the other woman he was messaging on myspace his ex or someone else? Having aggression towards you is also a red flag. Is he...
So sorry you are going through this. I have just made the transition to single mom about 1 year ago and I was terrified also, but,  have to say I love it, but, sometimes miss the family life and having another adult here. The house is much quieter, there is less turmoil, less cooking, cleaning and laundry. I used to work part time when the kids were younger, but, transitioned to full time about 6 months before the divorce started. I remember it being daunting then...
He is refusing to give me copies without my balance being paid in full and most of this is my stbx's responsibility by court order. Furthermore he states he will not pursue my legal fees or for violations of the court orders because stbx hasn't paid him. He says he will not even let this get to trial because the balance is too high. BUT, he is pushing me to go for depositions in 2 weeks - REALLY? Tells me it is my responsibility to pay him and then get the money back...
My lawyer sends me back a message last night with a message from STBX sent when he picked up the kids with vague information on it. No addresses or phones of private residences - how can he keep getting away with all of this?