or Connect

Posts by apcanadianmamma

My last two births were suppose to be homebirths. The first was a transfer at almost 9 cms because my son flipped transverse! Apparently its pretty rare to have that happen. Anyway he ended up being a csection. My last birth (a little over two weeks ago) was another planned homebirth. We ended up having to do an induction due to dates. Luckily my midwife had access to an OB who will induce vbacs as long as they have a favourable cervix. Most doctors want to just do...
I'm a VBAC also 5 days pp. I do have to say that this has been my easiest recovery so far (sorry, I feel bad saying that since you are having a harder time). I have had three vaginal deliveries followed by my csection and now this VBAC. I did have a very quick, very intense labour and delivery (intense meaning screaming my head off - something I've never done before but this was by far my most painful delivery) I was kind of thinking the easy pp was payback for having...
James Edwin was born January 5th. His due date was originally Jan 5th but after multiple ultrasounds was changed to December 28th. We were admitted to the hospital at 8am, got antibiotics started at 8:30. Water broke at 9:30, a light dose of oxytocin at 10:10am and he was born at 11:35am! The most intense labour I have ever been through (also by far the quickest!) He is 8lbs 15oz. I've also never seen a baby more interested in nursing. He latched right on and decided...
I'm sorry. I normally don't post on this board but I'm in a similar boat. I'm not as far overdue as you but I'm also on a deadline. I've got my backup OB appointment on Monday and depending on what she says I'll be in for either an induction on Wednesday or a repeat C-Section on Thursday. (this is one of the few OBs in the area who will even attempt an induction on a VBAC but my cervix has to be favourable or she won't do it) Anyway either option is a far cry from our...
I'm in the same boat. Due the 28th and attempting a VBAC (actually a HBAC). I'm not even overdue but I'm still antsy.
We did buy a new seat this time. We purchased a Britax Chaperone. I was going to get a Graco Snugride but we got a good deal on the Chaperone so went with it. We have the base installed in our van. We have a Dodge Grand Caravan with the two captains chairs in the centre so the base is installed in one of those. We also do have a small sedan but with 4 kids there is no way that we would ever take that vehicle (it's my husband's commuter car) so we will just leave the one...
I tested GBS+ for the first time as well. I was really upset because I want to have a homebirth. My midwife told me it is really no big deal and not an impediment to homebirth at all. She also said their protocol would be the same regardless if we delived in hospital or at home. For me she has prescribed antibiotics that I have bought and will keep at home. When I go into active labour and she comes to the house she will administer the antibiotics via iv. It will be...
My old OB always had me do a breakfast for the GD screening. Her opinion was that you wouldn't drink the glucose drink in regular everyday life so it was better to just do a complete meal. I actually did this with my last birth too (that was with a midwife) For that one I had to request this as their standard practice was the drink or jelly beans as an alternative. This time around I'm still with the midwife practice and have elected to not do the test at all. I would...
I was just coming here to post that I was now considering a homebirth! I am also a VBAC, and I've just found out I'm GBS+. I am 36 weeks pregnant and for a long time had resigned myself to just having a hospital birth. (my last was an attempted homebirth, last minute transfer to the hospital because the bub decided to go transverse at 9cm!) The closer I get to the date though the more I started freaking out about going to the hospital and facing all the interventions...
I'll be 35. Pretty happy about that too...my other kids except for our first all came on or after I'd turned a year older (ie my last baby was born on my birthday....kept thinking I'd be able to say I was 31 but he was overdue so he was born on my 32nd birthday).   Kelly