or Connect

Posts by jtapc90

Aufilia, I agree its just with my son only being 7 years old, it kind of makes we wonder whether or not that is just his personality and we adults are trying to "constrain" him in a way or if he is just too immature. I just feel like he can't be that bad especially knowing that it is completely normal for kids to break down after school and since we have began deep breathing, hugging when in distress (to keep me from becoming frustrated with his back talk and physical...
Thanks fizgig!
I am in a similar boat. I know we are not ready too and my husband isn't 100% on board with another baby at all at this point but we compromised in that we would address the issue 5 years from when our youngest was born - 3.5 years and counting down! It is extremely hard for me though but don't feel bad, I was sitting in bed holding my youngest child who I just pushed into this world and already thinking about the next baby. I think I enjoy pregnancy and giving birth so...
Thanks KellyGlenn!!! 
DuchessTergie, that is a wonderful idea! See, I just recently began deep breathing with him and having him meditate about appropriate behavior, kind of like affirmations. It is really helping us connect, although we still have a long way to go, and it isn't 100% but is is definitely helping him... and me. I think a book or even a poster would be a great thing for him. On friday we have his IEP meeting and then on the 13th we have conferences so I will talk with everyone...
Maybe you need to stop more frequently to burp or take frequent breaks during feedings and bicycle his legs before resuming. Also, I haven't read the other comments so I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned, try lying down and feeding with him on top of you or sitting upright supporting his head carefully or even in a baby carrier. 
Thanks you Pikkumyy. Yes, his insurance covers all 3 if need-be so that is one less thing I have to worry about. I know there aren't any herbs that will teach my child social or communicative skills and that only therapy can help him with that, I was leaning more towards calming herbs to help combat hyperactivity to increase his attentiveness at sessions. I should have said that, my apologies. I appreciate your advice and suggestions very much and am glad I finally have an...
Thank you. Your comment was very helpful and I am looking into those links right now. I didn't even know that this is normal to any extent so thanks for bringing that up too. 
My oldest child has had behavior and developmental issues since he was about 18 months old. His doctors assured me it was just a phase and he'd outgrow it and things would get easier. I believed them only to realize that they were terribly mistaken. A little history: I can't help but look back to try and determine the cause as to why my son may be this way. When I was pregnant I could barely eat or drink anything for the first 5 months without throwing it up. This caused...
My oldest child has had behavior and developmental issues since he was about 18 months old. His doctors assured me it was just a phase and he'd outgrow it and things would get easier. I believed them only to realize that they were terribly mistaken.    A little history: I can't help but look back to try and determine the cause as to why my son may be this way. When I was pregnant I could barely eat or drink anything for the first 5 months without throwing it up. This...