or Connect

Posts by jtapc90

My family doesn't have any religion at this point although my husband prays to Guadalupe and I occasionally read something from Jehova's Witnesses since I have a few friends with that religion. I have four kids and all of my life I have struggled finding something that makes me feel complete and that truly makes sense. Catholic didn't work, Born Again didn't work, Presbyterian didn't work, Pagan didn't work, JW didn't work... So I have just taken what I've learned from...
I also drive an SUV, don't buy organic foods (but I try to grow or make whatever I know how ;-) ), let my kids watch TV and play {gasp} video games (educational/kid friendly), I had ultrasounds during all of my 4 pregnancies, I use disposable diapers and wipes, eat junk once in a while. No one is perfect and no one is better than anyone because of the way they choose to live. While it is nice to educate people and get the info out there about alternatives we can't expect...
I have no answers for you but hopefully bumping this up will get you some answers. 
I have 4 kids ages 7, 4, 3, and 9 months. I NEED a nap or else I get a crazy headache towards the end of the day. So my 7 year old is the only one who doesn't take naps so I'll either bring him upstairs and let him watch a movie in his room while the rest of us nap (it was one of my priorities to get them to nap all at the same time), nap on the couch and let him play Wii or watch TV, or let him do some other quiet activity like schoolwork. They usually sleep about 2-3...
Hi and welcome to Mothering! Ina May Gaskin is incredible, I have read almost all of her books, and she is my inspiration for achieving my 2 out of hospital births. While I didn't have a home birth, I did have 2 out of hospital birth center birth and before that I had 2 hospital births both vaginally without the Epidural and without Pitocin but nonetheless not the experience that I found empowering or that I even feel good about in the slightest way besides that my...
Hi and welcome to Mothering. I am sure you'll find what you are looking for here. eel free to browse the forums and join some groups that interest you. 
Welcome to Mothering Momofsoon2b2!
Sorry, I have no answers, but I am bumping this up to try to get your post some attention. 
Oh my, congratulations to you and welcome to Mothering!! 
I had a doula for the first time during my fourth birth and plan on and am studying for becoming a doula when my kiddos are a bit older. A doula will be with the mother as soon as she is called upon, whether the mother is a first timer or a veteran, through the entire labor until a few hours after the birth and possibly work with the mother postpartum with housework, cooking, some baby care, and breastfeeding. How long the midwife will be there depends on how she works....