or Connect

Posts by KKsMomma

I hope the following story reassures you.   I had my older son in daycare 2-3 days per week for 9.5-10 hours per day between 10 and 13 months and between 16 and 24 months. Initially, I was pumping, but he never took my milk from anything other than the breast. At daycare, they fed him solids and water. He didn't drink cow's milk at daycare until he was 17 months old and was interested in copying other children. I ended up pumping only for relief from engorgement (maybe...
Thank you! Hitting a car would be worse. We put a rubber band on the utility sink faucet so I can't leave it in the "up" position. 
You could get some bedding that really appeals to him and talk it up. If you are eventually transitioning him to a different room, you could also decorate that room in a way he likes and spend a lot of fun time in there. One thing I wish I had done when we transitioned our son to a floor bed in his room was to get a full size mattress and box spring for his room, not just a twin. We did a long, slow transition which started with lying with him in the bed at night until he...
anyone?
I remember having a little bit of baby brain after my son was born 2 years ago, but now that I have a 4 week old and a 2 year old, I am having a really hard time remembering things. To start with the most disconcerting thing - I have flooded our laundry room twice now. DH is on the way to rent a fan to dry out the carpet the flood soaked again. I intend to "soak" something and leave the room, thinking I will come back to turn the tap off (and this is with DH watching the...
Thank you! I have been putting my toddler down for some naps by singing with the baby in my arms, which is working fine now. I change my toddler's diaper on the floor and lay the baby down next to me but away from him, which seems to be working, too. Thanks for the support and advice. I'll try to be flexible and definitely keep my older one's nap for as long as he'll take it. It so nice to have some time.
If it makes you feel any better, my son was in daycare for a few months around that age and never took a bottle of anything and only drank water, even though I pumped. I stopped pumping when I realized he never drank any of it! He ate some of what I sent with him, if it resembled applesauce or sweetened yogurt. There really wasn't much I or they could do about it. We gave him cow's milk products after one year and let them at daycare. He made up for whatever breast milk he...
So DH has been sleeping with our 2 year old for the last third of every night and wants to teach him to be more courteous at night . . . as in, not putting his legs over DH's body, kicking, etc. Given that it's harder to reason with toddlers in the middle of the night or at 4 or 5am when they somehow both sleepy and wakeful, how would you handle this?
My son didn't eat much food until past a year. I worried about him not eating enough, too. He was mainly interested in bread or crackers or maybe bananas, if it wasn't my milk. If you want to nudge her toward more eating, you could cut or delay nursings and start with food. Or, you could have her hang out with some other little ones who are eating and she might be interested in copying them, eventually. Breast milk is the perfect food for babies and toddlers, and when your...
I don't know if the original poster is still sleeping badly, but I'm sure other people who are reading this thread are. When my first was 4 months old, we weren't even getting 2-3 hour stretches. We were at 45 minutes tops.   My strategies for surviving with little to no sleep were/are: venting, cultivating a sense of humor about it, coffee, sci-fi television shows, and cookies. One I wish I would have tried more often is sleeping when my baby was napping, instead of...