or Connect

Posts by KKsMomma

Our transition was/is very gradual. We made a room for DS at about your baby's age and put him down in a crib until he could sleep on a mattress on the floor (past 1 year old). When he was in a crib, it was really tedious to pat/rub his back while leaning over in a crib if he wasn't totally asleep when he hit the crib mattress. DS had always been fussy with sleep and needed a lot of soothing, even beyond nursing/co-sleeping, so I did this because i thought it was better...
We transitioned DS to a "regular bed" (twin mattress and box spring) with futon cushions on the floor next to it at about 15 or 16 months. As I recall, we just started with the mattress on the floor, but I was worried about molding. He, too, "got up" after bedtime A LOT, kind of like he was celebrating the fact that he wasn't trapped in a crib anymore! First I tried putting him back in bed every time and probably said something like "it's sleepy time and we stay in the...
I have a problem with my pants staying up, too! Nice to know it's not just me. I now wear stretch pants that have a separate maternity tube thing attached at the waist that goes up all the way to my ribs (sounds like that's called a "panel?"). These plus dresses are nice. Any kind of stretch pant with no top section (i.e. all one piece) falls down if I walk. I also noticed that my jeans, even though they have the stretchy top part that goes over the whole belly, are loose...
I think we started patting at around this time, too, because bouncing got really tiring and then putting DS down woke him up again. We patted for a really, really long time (maybe from 4 to 12 months). Eventually patting got too stimulating and we switched to rubbing his back. I remember nights when nothing at all stopped the crying, and I tried everything! IMO, it's not CIO if you are there with them and trying so dang hard. By all means, be a detective (e.g. is she...
I am in the same boat with my 23 month old. Epic nap-fighting and I am tired of fighting my end. I even asked him, after say TWO HOURS of trying to get him to sleep, if he would like to try to fall asleep without mama and he said yes. Then he played loudly for 10 minutes and started yelling, "Mama!" and I went in and he told me he had a dream. He even made up a story about the dream! I think it was his way of trying to get back upstairs to play "after the nap." I'm so...
I know its three weeks later, which can change a lot. I was in exactly the same boat with my DS when I got pregnant (I'm now 5 months and he does not want mama milk anymore, period.). He went through a kind of mourning period about nursing, much like you describe. He was a frequent night-nurser and tried a lot to get more milk out of me. He cried and seemed angry and woke often, always disappointed. I eventually offered water after he pulled off to stop nursing and,...
If you are talking "the day," like when it's light out and you are counting "alone with" meaning I'm the only parent, on DH's "on" weeks (7 days straight), it is usually 12 hours w/ almost 2-year-old DS. On "off weeks" we share parenting a lot more. I do all nighttime stuff. Those "on" weeks can be really rough, especially if DH is working nights (we try to be quiet while he is sleeping and we only see him for 2 hours those days). 
So my little guy just started waking up at 3 or 4 am and demanding bananas. He would eat two and then go back to sleep. I think he really is hungry, but I don't want to wake up then, YKWIM? He is a really busy/focused almost two-year-old who doesn't really slow down for snacks or sitting. He is the biggest fan of bananas, but he is probably half banana now, judging from his diet. Does anyone feed their toddler a night time snack? If so, what do you offer that is...
I don't have this problem with DS (I'm gonna say . . . yet). But I did have a couple ideas, don't know if you've tried them or not:   1) Have a conversation about night time and try to figure out what he is doing/needing then. Seems like trying to sleep with you .   2) If that's what you think it is, then maybe try to do a little reward for staying in bed. I have a book by Harvey Karp about sleep for babies and toddlers and he has some cool ideas for toddlers who are...
Thank you!