or Connect

Posts by KKsMomma

So my little guy just started waking up at 3 or 4 am and demanding bananas. He would eat two and then go back to sleep. I think he really is hungry, but I don't want to wake up then, YKWIM? He is a really busy/focused almost two-year-old who doesn't really slow down for snacks or sitting. He is the biggest fan of bananas, but he is probably half banana now, judging from his diet. Does anyone feed their toddler a night time snack? If so, what do you offer that is...
I don't have this problem with DS (I'm gonna say . . . yet). But I did have a couple ideas, don't know if you've tried them or not:   1) Have a conversation about night time and try to figure out what he is doing/needing then. Seems like trying to sleep with you .   2) If that's what you think it is, then maybe try to do a little reward for staying in bed. I have a book by Harvey Karp about sleep for babies and toddlers and he has some cool ideas for toddlers who are...
Thank you!
MaggieLC and contactmaya -   It's awesome that you don't feel inadequate or guilty. This is as it should be, right? Really I was reflecting on the previous back and forth over having "legit" enough things to do at home to "justify" not working, or vice versa, etc. I just don't like it when women hate on each other like that.
preemiprincess -    You are right! We are probably going to be in the same boat when it comes to the time that I start wanting to work part-time. At some point it becomes hard to justify working because you end up making less/the same/not enough. And I hear you on the health benefits, even now with the health care exchange here in WA, the affordable plans fall very short when it comes to families w/kids (vs. the benefits of the expanded Medicaid here).   It really just...
Just my 2 cents -   Being able to be a SAHM is kind of a privilege these days, economically. Maybe that's partly because as a society we seem to want a high standard of living, but also because in a "typical" nuclear family (mom, dad, kid(s)) - which mind you isn't so typical anymore - that "dad" guy makes less now to support an entire family than he did a few decades ago, relatively speaking. In my family, which is a mom, dad, and toddler, we are doing OK without me...
So my son is almost 2, and we were happily at the point where he had been waking up once a night, for the most part. He was always a rotten sleeper, but I just got used to it. He never wanted a pacifier or any kind of "lovey" except for me (nursing and my belly button). I am 5 months pregnant and he weaned himself about a month ago, which I was pretty sad about. We have found some different ways to get him off to sleep, like rubbing his belly and lying next to him, talking...
Hey, ladies.   I am now 14 weeks pregnant and DS and I are down to nursing 3x/day and off and on at night (2-3x). I know that during the day, I don't feel let down and he is swallowing hardly at all. He actually stops in the middle to ask for some water to drink. :( Usually one time during the night, I notice that he is swallowing and I seem to be producing some milk.   Overall, he's drinking a heck of a lot more water (something like 2 cups/day), but I'm a...
You just never know what kind of child you're going to have, like everyone else said. Letting yourself be "non-AP" sometimes by, for example, using a stroller (OH!) or baby entertainment/entrapment devices (hello, exersaucer!) might save your sanity, especially if keeping up a parenting style your DP doesn't "agree" with actually becomes somewhat taxing, maybe because he won't help out with it by holding the baby as much as you. That said, you also never know what kind...
Wow. That's gross! So sorry that happened to you. I went to McDonald's a few times when I was pregnant with #1. Don't feel bad about it. I learned, like you (but not so strikingly), that the food wasn't as good as I had imagined it would be. If you want something like a sausage muffin, it is pretty fast to make a good one at home using sausage patties, english muffin, cheese slice, etc. Toaster + microwave meal. Plus you don't have to cook an egg if that grosses you out....