or Connect

Posts by EmilyD

Pushing her has been relatively easy - it's only 10 to 15 minutes at a time. As I said in the previous post, her cousin's stroller is a Maclaren Techno XLR. It's a great stroller.   Also, the upside of this chore (which seems to be one of the main points of contention) has been overlooked, so I'll quote it again here:     Admittedly this upside is only possible because the Maclaren has such a great harness, so it's not really an upside if the stroller being used is easy...
  That's one reason that the ten minute rule is in place. When she wants to ride in it badly enough then she'll ask, but she won't spend all day asking for it. She rode in it twice today. To me, this is a good balance. I am physically capable of pushing her, and have today, but I don't want to be doing it every five minutes.   Additionally, it's 10 minutes where I can recharge mentally myself. She's seated, buckled in, and not going anywhere until my sister or I let her...
My niece's stroller is a maclaren techno xlr, so the weight limit is quite high. My daughter does follow the same rules as her cousin to keep it fair. She did try to break the rule at one stage, but the maclaren strollers have a great harness/buckle.     Anyway, it would be great if they were happy to just stop every now and then, but they aren't - they want to see and do everything! As for my sister and I, we're in pretty good shape and haven't really needed...
Should she have to follow the same rules as her cousin? The rule with her cousin is that if she rides in it then she gets buckled in, and stays there for at least 10 minutes to rest.
My daughter and I are spending some holiday time with family (my sister, and her 3 year old daughter). We've been at Disney World. My sister's daughter walks sometimes and rides in the stroller at other times. It is a lot of walking.   Anyway, my daughter asked to ride in her cousin's stroller yesterday. I told her no, but I'm expecting she'll ask again today. My sister told me that she's fine with it, but I don't know what to do.   Should I just let her ride...