or Connect

Posts by SweetMama34

I'm waffling between the Chico keyfit and the Graco Snugride (that goes up to 30 pounds). I'm leaning toward the Graco, simply because the Chico is substantially heavier (go check them out if you haven't yet!) I like the red Chico a lot, though. :P
I've actually been in contact with our local Baby Blues connection support groups - I found a weekly group that meets up and I'm going to give it a shot.   This particular anxiety episode seemed directly linked to my son's health (or lack thereof). Seeing him suffer with the worst stomach bug I've ever witnessed, followed by 6 days of fever and misery - it just broke me.  :(   I feel better. My birthday is this weekend, my kiddos are visiting their father and my...
Sounds like what happens to me if I'm not hydrated enough. Maybe sneak some electrolytes in if you can also. The contracting happens for me whenever anything is 'off' in my body - it's awesome. :P
I'm so worried that my anxiety is going to take over my entire time of pregnancy, ruining the opportunity to enjoy it, relish in the joy. :( And then I'm worried that I won't enjoy my new baby for years.   I can't make my phobia go away and it's such a stupid one. Therapy, therapy, therapy - meds, more meds (no meds now - I weaned off prior to conception and didn't seem to have a huge issue with that! I don't think the meds help all too much, honestly.)   Anyhow...
This is seriously the best ddc ever. You are all so reasonable, helpful and kind! No fever for me since last night. DS is fever free so far today also. I'm resting, eating well and upping my vit d and probiotics. Lots of water, too. DH took the morning off and let me sleep in. I don't feel sick at all today. So strange. I've got the Tamiflu, though - and will use it if need be. I realize the window is small, but my gut tells me not to take it yet for some reason. Just...
My son was diagnosed with the flu today - well, not officially, but his doctor said, "it's the flu". So, when I woke from a long nap feeling aches and exhaustion and a temp of 100.1, called my midwife. She said Tylenol to keep temp under 100. If it doesn't stay under 100, call on call midwife and will probably have to go to the hospital. This freaks me out, as my son is much sicker than I am and needs his mama. His temp likes to hang out around 104. Also, midwife called...
I have the Sonoline B - got it off of eBay for around $50. It works wonderfully - I found the heartbeat at 8 weeks on the dot, no joke!
Here's my sweet girl at 18w2d:  
You are all so sweet. Thank you for the support and suggestions. I think to start, I'll lean on my DH a little more - quite literally. He's so kind and always comes at me with a "what can I do?" - but I think just being physically closer to him may actually be soothing. Thank you for the reminder.
I can't shake this awful anxiety, and the amount I've struggled with for the past week (or month, or months...depending on when you start counting) is ridiculous. Medication isn't an option (for many reasons). I see a therapist (and have for years). I'm diagnosed, in treatment, trying to recover - but it's so, so bad right now.   Basically, I want to know that I'm not alone. I hate how alone I feel. I consider myself a strong, able, confident woman - and then this...