or Connect

Posts by BlessedJess

And what would you think if your uterus was crammed up under your ribs at 20 weeks? Hehe...
Yes, I think that's what we got. It will be here when hubby picks it up today, so we'll see. We intend to find 3 heartbeats this way. In my case, all the placentas appear to be posterior so we shouldn't have much trouble at all. I think the placenta on the right side was low at one point but it has risen to where you have to literally put the scope on my waist to the side and try to push it under the uterus to hear the edge of the placental soufle. I can't even find any...
Only if you consider my husband an undercover midwife. :) Adam was the first midwife, assuming Eve didn't run off and do it all by herself.  I tend to think he was by her side, like so many men have been. It's perfect that way because not only does he have an experienced medical background to lay claim to, he also is my man, and when my bonding hormones flow, it's to him and my babes I want to send that energy.  The first time we UCed 9 years ago I fell in love with him...
Oh, I see. yikes! Well, I've never really had big babies (never over 7 pounds) and I'm probably not going to this time either... so it has never been something that keeps me up at night... but if I did, man, I'm sure it would change my perspective a bit, especially if Baby got stuck at all like that. It's one thing to have it resolve in one push from a new position... Sorry to hear about the tearing.... I've kinda thought tearing was better than cutting. What are your...
  The cool thing is that my body was telling me in too many ways to spell out, including my appetite, early on, that things were different. So from week 4 I made the effort. I've since increased my efforts. The gain I've seen has been 19-20 pounds. It's not a lot but it's more than the 5 I typically gain. If I was having twins I'd be right on track, and if triplets, maybe ten pound short of the minimum goal, but I don't see how I could have eaten more or better. In fact,...
I actually had my first UC get "stuck." I was in an unfavorable position I suppose, when his head was born, but his shoulders were squared up, based on how they felt as they came through, as big feeling as his head or bigger. I quickly tried hands and knees and he flew out on the next push. It was an eeerie 30 seconds, and when all was said and done I was glad not to be in the hospital for that, at the very least. Because they would have had me on my back, they would...
I really LOLed when I realized what the initials for "What would Laura Shanely do" spelled...   WWLSD!     [so I guess we better not tell anybody...]
How do you think Laura Shanely would handle a triplet pregnancy, if she went through one, hypothetically, based on her public promotion of UC? [I'm not asking for trouble here, just talking in terms of assuming she's consistent with her values as publicly expressed]   I feel she would just handle it calmly and independently like she did her footling breech. As I recall her story she knew in advance he was breech and even had a dream showing her how she would birth...
Some people around here seem not to like to vote. :D   Anybody else want to comment? You don't have to vote to comment. I imagine you probably want time to consider it. Whatever your reasons are, you don't have to let that hold you back from saying something if you feel like it.
Thanks for your response! :-)   My problem with ultrasounds are twofold. One, it will be stressful for me and a lot of work to find the right technician I can be halfway happy with. I don't have extra energy to spend like that and neither does my husband. This pregnancy is keeping us busier than any other.  I just had a 4.5 cm growth spurt in a day and a half or so. I am not allowed to do any house chores or yell at anybody or get upset about anything. I'm constantly...