or Connect

Posts by BlessedJess

I do believe you are correct. I also normally measure small, normally no bigger than 33cm before full term birth.  (I also have small children) This time I spurted ahead in a couple of days from 26cm to 30.5! OK - I'm guessing that's why I woke up so dehydrated at 1 am after drinking around two gallons yesterday. The kids must have drank it and filled my womb! ;-)
hansigurumi, I haven't seen anyone at this point yet, though I plan to say hi to a naturopath in the area, just to have a separate witness to the pregnancy for certificate purposes, not for serious advice, you know?   My other births taught me that homebirth was the only way to actually protect me and the babies from interventions over safe variations in normal birth. And it's the only way to protect from stress induced complications heaped on by fearmongering...
 Oh, I can help with THAT.   http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120628181739.htm   Father involvement has also been shown to be protective;   http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100617111245.htm   The point here is that if the father is a rock to the mother, not a source of stress (well - even a little stress is better than no man!) then the mother stays calmer and happier. How much more so must it be true when the father learns how to give the best...
I'm with you, afr2010, even my "world's best" crunchy midwife who was as sweet as pie and so non-controlling was unable to stop from stressing me out a couple of times. It's just the nature of what they do. And both stressor points were for nothing in the end.   I've had 2 full UPs and 3 UCs. This is my third UP, and anticipating, God willing, a 4th UC. I am especially in need of avoiding stress put on me as I suspect (healthy) multiples this time. So I'm not...
My sentiments are so completely in line with yours! And there are some strong paralels in emotion despite me having a far easier, happier experience in some ways than you. When I was pregnant with #4 and having my first unassisted pregnancy and second unassisted birth I realized that I'd rather run off and crap my baby out in the woods behind my house like a bear, alone than let my husband tell me who would attend or how it would be done. As it was, he was there for me,...
Awesome. 8)   Please, don't forget to vote. :D
You count! I want the reports from moms of multiples, too! So your growth has been accelerating as you go? That sounds like you belong in the 12+ answer column. Did you vote yet?  
I hope it's okay for me to be in both places, because I anticipate possible multiples and don't know when these babies will reveal themselves. For a fuller picture of who I am as a mom, please check out my first post in the UC board.   And I have a question for you-all here. Have any of you been seeing  more like an inch of growth in your weekly progress, rather than a centimeter? Ever since I spotted my uterus rising up, it's been at a gallop. A week of rise looks...
I find the attitude towards homebirth to be really confusing, especially within the medical establishment.   On the one hand, you can find studies that show that  last trimester stress is very bad for babies birth outcomes, yet on the other, in an attempt to control last trimester women they pump them full of fear about their pregnancies, forbidding them to be in the same safe, familiar place they conceived and gestated the babies to begin with.   On the one...
I've never found out beforehand because I'm an ultrasound refuser. I've become fond of the mystery, even as I'm pregnant with an unknown # of babies, measuring 12 weeks ahead. So I guess it's become as much a philosophy of anticipation as well as a health concern. God put the perfect baby(s) in there and I only have 14+ weeks to find out!