or Connect

Posts by BlessedJess

Indeed. A hurricane might take my home and possessions but a health crisis threatens something much more precious to me.
The point about hypnosis regarding intuition is simple. If a woman knows that she doesn't trust the doctors opinions, her intuition is more valuable. She believes herself more than the doctors in that situation and will cooperate with her body for the best outcome if she does not compromise.   Put another way;   She should seek what her subconscious mind can agree to for the best outcome. And she can expect help from her subconscious when she chooses the path she...
Meepy wrote about the hypnosis article on surgery that I shared - "It's from 1956."   Try 2008. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500165_162-4033962.html   As to stress and it's effects in pregnancy;   I am frankly surprised that you do not see how stressed out pregnant women worried about their babies would not have a different outcome. The first trimester is when the placenta is doing most of it's formation, that's a fact. The last trimester is a time of rapid growth and high...
What exactly are the criteria for a healthy child, in your mind? What would you say qualifies as a true complete physical? Should all people get one before they declare themselves healthy?   When you have happy personality, good sleep patterns, healthy weekly weight gain, symmetrical features, normal developmental milestones or better, eyes that focus and ears that hear, whites of the eyes are white, strength of a normal baby, good diapers, etc, do you really need a...
"As it happens, no, I don't believe that hypnosis can eliminate physiological pain"   It has been used for many kinds of surgery. Even open heart surgery on delicate patients. Here's a breast surgery. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,867432,00.html     "If the voodo death thing actually has nothing to do with your point..."   I'm saying in that paragraph that there's more than one point. My case against testing because of stress is one point. The power of...
Meepy, I would also like to point out that the type of birth Mike had was very gentle. It was 20 minutes from going into active labor and holding him in my arms. The rest of the time only 1/3 of contractions were intense and they were very spaced out. That would never have happened in a hospital. Only intuition, experience or hindsight could tell me that the labor would be safer and easier at home. (I am very familiar with my quickie gentle labors having done it now half...
Meepy -   Do you believe that pain can be actually eliminated in receptive people via hypnosis? What do you think of hypnobirthing?   Voodo death is the hypnotic suggestion that death will occur resulting in death. For example, years ago I learned about about a prisoner who volunteered for an experimental surgery. During that surgery the only tool used was a piece of ice that had a sharp edge. The patient was never cut into. The surgical team was prepped before...
  Exactly... IUGR is not usually detected. Some have even been labeled as that without there being any growth issues. Babies who are smaller due to stresses during placental formation will prepare to be born earlier.   I don't know if they would have caught the IUGR. But regardless, my family is a bunch of tiny deviants. My eldest child is almost done growing. I don't know where she's at now, but last I checked she was 4'4" and already menstruating, at only 80lbs. She's 6...
  With me, there is no belief in "magic" unless you consider normal everyday human characteristics, including spirituality "magic."   How about hypnosis - do you feel hypnosis is mumbo-jumbo? Do you believe "voodo death" or "nocebos" are real, as are placebos? Have you read the book The Anatomy of an Illness?   Furthermore, for clarification, I would not tell a mother to not seek testing, but I would remind her of the potential complications such tests can contribute to...
There are some people who feel I should not talk about my latest UC (6th homebirth) like a success story. I free birthed a 3.5lb 36 week baby who turned complete breech after my waters ruptured early the same day. He's healthy, in case you are wondering. Now he's over 14 weeks and about to triple his birth weight. He's developmentally sound, doing all the healthy normal things a full term little baby would do, not showing any signs that he suffered for being so...