or Connect

Posts by BlessedJess

I think you are thinking only of the risks set up by the U/S waves. I was thinking in more broad terms like misdiagnoses or raised alarms that then require further tests and traumatizing worries over nothing. That concerns me even more.   For myself, last time U/S would have opened up a can of worms I didn't need. For one thing, he was very unusually small. His placenta was well below the tenth percentile range. So was he. He was born at 36 weeks weighing only 3.5...
  Speaking of critical thinking, we don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish when weighing risks.   Let me ask you something, would you fly if there was a 10% risk that airport security was going to touch your vagina with a dirty glove or force you to be fired with radiation 3 times for their amusement? Or both, as some have experienced? Even though you might increase your family's entire short term risk of death during the long road trip by avoiding air travel?   I...
I think you've been fair to the midwife, even if you went UP the rest of the way BUT I think I like your idea with the compromise you chose for him. You don't have to involve the midwife unless your husband feels he has to call her himself. I like that. Nobody can call you a hard liner to leave a coach there for your husband's peace of mind in place. And most likely this will help you avoid another transfer should anything unexpected happen.   I don't think it's good to...
Personally - personally I would not get those shots. I don't believe that it is needed (look at the sensitization rates for one thing, and compare it to the risks of vax byproducts) and most of the time sensitization happens when pitocin cord pulling, premature cord clamping or anything else of a similar nature comes into play. Basically, the body handles birth naturally in such a way as to protect against blood mixing. In the hospital the risks of sensitization go way...
That does change things. So you will get another scan, then?
I forgot to add what I've decided to do in the future if I ever again suspect twins. Pretend it's just one. Very simple. ;-)   I have had 5 other children (two other UP pregnancies) and this was the first time I was made to feel I had twins. Usually every last suspicion clears up by 36 weeks when you can feel the baby clearly. The last time I also noticed that I couldn't feel more than one a week or two before the birth. Although since he was in the habit of changing...
I do my own prenatal care. you can do everything a midwife can, and more. I don't like U/S anyway - or tests for defects that are there in case you want to abort and pose risks to the  baby.   The babe has a heartbeat; its shape can also be felt so it can be tracked as it grows. But there are limits to what you can learn or know with those data points, even as a doctor with fancy medical tools.   I do believe there are red flags - self education will reveal what those...
The whole thing reminds me of airport security. Everyone in the airport gets subjected to risks and privacy violations so that they can fly - a safer option to driving. Possibly hundreds have already died because they chose cars over getting groped. I'd still go by car. I chose dignity and human rights over "safety."
Shitty? He was pro UC at the start. Did you miss that? He's just getting an episode of cold feet and you want her to jump ship just for that? That's not fair to her. That's like saying she better find another lover quick if her man was getting cold feet about marriage for a few days.   Come on. Who's pregnant here? She is. Who could get birth raped if she goes for intervention? She could. Not him. She's obligated to protect herself and her children from such follies as...
  I would like to point somethings out. The mono-mono di-di issue is rare. Coupled with the fact she does not know she is carrying twins the odds of this are really really small. You have to divide the risk by the chance that she's even pregnant with twins. Which is only a fraction of potential, anyway.   And as to the polyhydramnios... Cord prolapse is something that most often happens with artificial breaking of the waters, even without poly. Natural breaking though,...