or Connect

Posts by earthchick

I haven't been checking in b/c I haven't been doing very well at this the last few days. Bleh. I'm still drinking my banana-spinach smoothie for breakfast each morning, but some days that's been the only right thing I've done, food-wise. Feeling pretty down on myself about it. Holding steady at 144. Leaving for the wedding in 3 weeks. Did go to yoga for the first time in 3 weeks (had childcare issues the last two classes), so that felt good....
You've gotten lots of good comments already, but I just wanted to chime in too. Definitely try another class, style, or teacher, if you can. Once you've given it a fair try, you'll have a better sense of whether or not it's for you. I wouldn't rule it out after only a couple of classes. I take a Vinyasa class that is amazing. It's a great combination of cardio, strength, stretching, and mind/body connection. I love my teacher's approach b/c she brings a lot of...
Just checking in to say that I am down 2 pounds today, to 144. I weigh myself everyday - I know that most people think that is badbadbad, but it helps me get a better sense of how things are averaging out. Anyway, I weight myself every day but I consider Thursdays to be my sort of "official" weigh-in day. We leave for our nephew's wedding 4 weeks from today, and if I could lose another 2 pounds per week, I'd be thrilled. As y'all make your plans and menus, what...
I'm really excited to be doing this with other people! Yay! : Yesterday I did kind of my usual - started off great and then went downhill about midday. Actually got back on track for dinner but then got into some veggie chips in the evening and ... bleh. Today, I'm doing well so far. I've been on-the-go a lot so I grabbed a bunch of fruit and that has sustained me. I find that if I can make myself eat a piece of fruit before making any other food decisions, I can...
Oh yay, I'm so excited that there are at least a couple of other people out there doing this. So this is where I am: I am 5'5.5" and as of this morning, I weigh 145.5. This is the highest I've been in 3 years. Earlier this summer, I had gotten down to 136, which was the lowest I'd been since before getting pregnant (was 125 when I got pg with twins). Then I kind of let myself go over vacation and just never got back on track after we returned, even though I've had the...
Is anyone out there still doing this? I'm ready to get back on the E2L wagon for real. I was a part of the original thread (three years ago?) and even though I didn't follow it strictly I was able to lose 15 pounds of pg weight I hadn't been able to get rid of previously. Recently, my weight has drifted back up (actually, I never got as low as I wanted, but I was comfortable enough where I was). I really need to get serious - especially over the next several weeks,...
Yeah, it was 4 different colors. Phew, thanks, it's reassuring to know it's supposed to be that way. I've had a bad experience with something I ordered from Amazon once a few years ago and it kept having problems and I eventually learned it was a return and recondition! I haven't checked the tension or anything yet b/c I'm a little intimidated to even get it out of the box! Soon, I hope....
I just received my Brother Homelock 1034D, which dh ordered for me as a birthday present. When I got ready to open the box, it turned out I didn't need my scissors because the tape wasn't really sealing the box, which was weird. When I opened it, I discovered that there are already four spools of thread (four different colors) already threaded in the machine. I'm wondering if this is normal? (saw no mention of thread being included in the operation manual) Or did I...
I'm just going to jump right in, if that's all right. As of this past Monday, I have gone (mostly) raw, and am (mostly) following the principles laid out by Doug Graham in The 80/10/10 Diet. The first day was a bit tough, in that I felt like I was having some detox symptoms - headache, lightheadedness, and just kind of crappy feeling. But I had no cravings, and no hunger. In fact, my biggest problem right now is eating enough food to get enough calories! The...
A food processor is great for chopping, grating, shredding, and things like that, but it isn't as good at a really great puree. I own a food processor, but I have never used it to make a smoothie. I don't know anything about the Blend-tec, but if it's anything like the Vitamix, it would be much better for smoothies than a food processor. That said, I do think a food processor would do a better job with smoothies than a regular blender. I have made hummus in both...