or Connect

Posts by MamaBookworm

DD is 3 and DS is 4 weeks. Not that I'm an expert at managing two kids - LOL - but this is what is working for us...   Google for montessori activities. She likes to sort objects, polish silverware, fold kitchen towels, and use an eye dropper and cups for sort of a mini water table...
I gave birth a week ago and had a forceps delivery. Active labor was very quick - less than 3 hours - and very intense. I had an episiotomy that seems to be healing well. No signs of discharge and it doesn't feel hot. However, I'm in an incredible amount of pain when I try to sit down or stand for more than 10 minutes. There is a lot of black and blue bruising around my anus. Nursing is kind of hard because I cannot find a position that is comfortable. I've been taking...
Never tried any of the suggestions, except yours trimommy - I meditated on being ready if he was. I was about to call the acupuncture place, but...   Next morning my water broke! Nothing for 5 hours and then fast and furious contractions for 2. The baby did not tolerate labor well, and since I was on continuous monitoring, everyone was very freaked out. Luckily I had the support of a pro-vbac OB who stopped them from rushing me to the OR and delivered the baby...
Well, my water broke the next morning and we welcomed Mark Oliver into the world via vbac later that afternoon. Super fast active labor period (< 3 hours) and a crazy forceps delivery by this old school OB who knew I didn't want a repeat section. Baby had a lot of heart decels and there was concern of a rupture, but everything turned out fine.    DD has been on antibiotics and staying with grandma. We'll reunite as a family of 4 tomorrow afternoon at home and I can't...
Whoa, really thought something was going to happen last night...contractions woke me up, but stayed irregular and didn't really increase frequency. Stopped by morning. I'm losing a lot of chunks of white mucus but nothing bloody. And soooo tired. We had family movie night last night and I fell asleep while watching Finding Nemo...at about 7:30!!   There's a full moon next weekend though!
I'm 38 weeks and doing fine. First child was c-section at about 42 weeks after 40+hour labor that didn't progress past 6cm. The practice I'm seeing is not rushing me into scheduling a c-section and are ok with using a little bit of pitocin to augment labor if I end up going past 42 weeks (as opposed to automatically scheduling a c-section without a trial of labor). The only condition is that my cervix has to be favorable, ripe or whatever for us to try that...
This is going to sound crazy, but I rubbed saurkraut juice on my nipples and that seemed more effective than the nystatin. We make it ourselves, but you can also buy real fermented saurkraut at some grocery stores. I guess the probiotics in our batch must have been pretty hardy.
Hello! My dreads are about 6 months old. I backcombed them and haven't done much else. They are pretty thin and have long wispy tails. The ones on the bottom are locking up pretty good, but I have two crazy jumbled messes on the top of my head where they mingled together! I'm trying to work them apart, but they really are a mess. Any ideas on what to do when you forget to pull them apart and they grow together?    It is definitely a journey and there are days when I...
Yup! Feeling it, too. And the odd thing is my husband is getting kind of snappy. Empathetic hormones or something.    Hang in there! 
I'm only at 37 weeks, but went to 42 with my first pregnancy and I'm sort of mentally preparing myself for that possibility. It can be hard to wait, but I hope that everyone heals up in your house quickly!    The hardest thing was keeping curious relatives at bay. Stop asking! We're not going to NOT tell you when the baby is born. :)   Yesterday, DH yelled at me though, because I called him at work on his cell phone and he thought it was a labor call, so...