or Connect

Posts by thentherewere4

please remove me from the expecting list.  I miscarried.
After much heartache about this unexpected pregnancy, I am now dealing with miscarriage.   This hasn't happened to me before, but there is no doubt that this is indeed a miscarriage.   So sad, so ironic.   thank you for all of your kind words in previous threads. TTW4
....just got back from a weekend at my MIL's....we did not tell her about this pg, and likely won't be until wk 12ish...she will NOT be happy about it, although it will not affect her in the slightest.  She does not help AT ALL even though she is our closest (geographically) relative.   Tomorrow the 3 kids and I are heading to my hometown for 3 weeks.  I'm looking forward to being there, but not to getting there....I'll be flying with a 2, 4 and year old for 4.5...
....in my corner of the world we are doing some travel....   visiting MIL this weekend, and my family mid-next week.  I/we are definitely NOT telling MIL yet.  She will flip out about #4, and DH hasn't come around to it yet either.   Internal conflict has been resolved since I made the decision we are goinng to proceed with the pregnancy. External conflict with DH has increased since I gave him the definitive "NO" to termination.   Hopefully the time apart...
So,   how is everyone doing?   still in the midst of queasiness?   is anyone showing yet?   has anyone told yet?   how are partners adjusting?   summer plans?   heard the heartbeat yet?   ....Discuss.... 
Update:   So I have been trying to see both sides of the proverbial coin.   However, yesterday I told DH unequivocally that this was the end of the abortion conversation.  He is angry and disappointed.  He continues to point out ages (our age and the age spread of the children), but mostly is upset about how *I* get to make the decision....oh course there is a history, but he feels like I get to make all of the big, life-altering decisions.   We are going to...
Is anyone else considering testing?   I certainly am.  I know that I would be able to handle a "normal", healthy baby, but absolutely not anything more at this point.   My m/w suggested the Nuchal Transparency ultrasound along with bloodwork.  This can be done between 10 and 13 weeks, and you get results in 2 days.  This seems like a good option.   I'm also looking into Chorionic Villus Sampling.  This can also be done between 10 and 13 weeks, requires a...
....perhaps this won't be popular, but, half an hour of television can be *MAGICAL*.  Iconsider TV a tool to be used sparingly.   ...I have been known to turn it on during the day for a wee bit...mostly nature channel because there can be a real uproar when I turn off Treehouse....and the kids usually will drift away from the TV after a little bit of time has passed....   that works for kids that are fairly close in age, but I'm not sure about a larger age gap? ...
I know I'm not the only one in the DDC who is dealing with immense stress.   Are there any known/proven affects of stress on the fetus?  ....assuming, of course, that the mother is doing everything she can to take care of herself physically (i.e. taking prenatal vitamin, eating nutritious food)   anything we/I can do to minimize possible affects of  stress?  Of course the ideal would be to remove the source of stress, but are there any...
this pregnancy has been completely unexpected, and has caused an unbelievable amount of stress.   DH is continuing to push for termination, and I am continuing to push back.  Out of respect for him (and I can completely see his point of view) I/we have gone to a women's clinic for "counselling" and an ultrasound for dating....I am 'going along' with him, but letting him know every step of the way that this is wrong (for me).  At some point I'm going to have to put a...