or Connect

Posts by sp53

Hi, right now I am just knocked off and don't even have any energy to search the forum to get any advise. Please give your advise on what I should do. An hour ago, ds peed on nanny's shirt as she was trying to help him in the bathroom. I was so sorry to even look at her. He was a good boy until recently. dd is 3-wk-old now and she can't get quiet sleep due to ds's interruptions. He seems to love her (kissing her constantly) but is jealous in general. He is...
Hi, right now I am just knocked off and don't even have any energy to search the forum to get any advise. Please give your advise on what I should do. An hour ago, ds peed on nanny's shirt as she was trying to help him in the bathroom. I was so sorry to even look at her. He was a good boy until recently. dd is 3-wk-old now and she can't get quiet sleep due to ds's interruptions. He seems to love her (kissing her constantly) but is jealous in general. He is...
Hi, is it possible? Recently my ds has been suddenly waking up crying out so loud. We are co-sleeping in a bed. Many times I hold him up and walk around the room but sometimes he kicks and punches and doesn't allow anybody to touch him. I just have to leave him for a while and then he comes to me to be hold, still crying. He was sleeping all night without waking up and why is he doing it now? Do I have to be strict if this is part of tantrum or should I always...
Well, it was a hard decision to post our story but again it was so hard to suppress curiosity to find out if we are really that minority. Basically we don't control TV watching at all. It is not that we thought it is good for my 18-mth-old ds but because that's what we've been doing before ds was born. Turning the TV at around 5:30PM and keeping it up until we go to bed at around 12PM became a kind of habit for all of us, mostly watching sports and soap opera. Even if...
Hi, my 17-mth-old ds is a very, very picky eater. He loves nooddles but almost nothing else. I am now thinking of buying a pasta maker so that I can mix some vegetables or maybe fish into the flour mix to make nutritious pasta. Do you think it makes sense? I never made pasta myself so I don't know if past can still be made with all those non-flour, non-egg, and non-water ingredients. Should I spend that money ($37 cheapest) to try it out? Any good recipe,...
I have 16-mth-old son whose weight is under the chart. His height is above but is close to the bottom. As you can guess, he is not eating much. He never was but otherwise he is healthy. Someone at my work advised me not to give him milk and make him hungry. She did the same to her 16-mth-old daughter and now she is eating all day. I have tried this and in fact Timmy eats more regular food. But not always so I am concerned if he is eating neither milk nor regular...
Thank you, Smilemomma, yes, that is exactly the answer I was hoping to get. No specific test or analysis was done for neither my son nor water in my area. I try not to give my son any kind of meds unless he really suffers from illness. I am glad that I threw away the flouride supplement for now but I am thinking of using toothpaste w/ flouride when he is ready as you recommended on the other threads. Thanks, again. Timmy's mom.
Sorry, Smilemomma, I think the url has changed. Here is the correct one: http://www.mothering.com/10-0-0/html...uride107.shtml Thanks, Timmy's mom.
Smilemomma,, I just went thru a lot of the Dental Archieves related to fluoride and found that you recommend to use it. But I want to know your opinion on the following article, which was actually posted by Elismama as a reply to a thread, "Flouride for babies, why?" http://www.mothering.com/10-0-0/htm...ouride107.shtml My ds is 11-mth-old and since he was 6-mth-old I have given him flouride drop, 1ml/day. When ped prescribed it because the water in our area is...
Hi all, my baby is 9-mth old and he weighs only 18lbs. It's 10% and also 10% on height and head-circum. He was used to be (weight-height-h.c.) 25%-75%-75%, 50%-75%-50%, and 25%-50%-50% at birth, 3-mth, and 6-mth. I don't expect him to grow over 50% line or anything but at least I hope he stays where he is now. I am afraid if he is not growing well because of some other reasons and will be afraid to check all those numbers at the one-year checkup. I was...