or Connect

Posts by jwynne

I have been co sleeping on memory foam mattress not tempurpedic but from essentia its supposed to be more natural without toxins or flame retardants.  I never had problems with it and my DD has been sleeping on it since she was 4 months old w/o problems.  Also if you have it on the floor make sure you get a coco rug mat or somekind of a frame for it so it doesn't get moldy.   
As far as mold growing on mattress on the floor it is true, but I found these coco mats that are only and inch thick that you put under for mattress to breathe and they work perfect. quote from website so u can search it  "The bed rug is a one-inch mat made of coconut fiber (coir) impregnated with natural latex"  I dont' think i can post the website right?  
It's been 3-4 weeks of horrible sleep over here 5-7 wake ups a nite.  Started with teething then sickness, vacation and sickness again.  In the middle of this I started having panic attacks and anxiety at night from not sleeping or being able to fall asleep b4 DDs next wake up.  There were nights where I only slept for 45 min total. The panic attacks subsided when I started using delta wave sleep music and headphones at night to help me fall asleep (highly recommend). ...
The room is dark and noise maker is on but to think of it she did start waking early when we were at a lake house for a week and the room was really bright in the morning. I guess she has just continued but it seems that it's earlier and earlier every week and we are back at our house where her room is super dark.  Also as she started waking earlier she also started taking one longer nap.   She used to sleep for 12h at night and take 4 naps each 45 min.  now she sleeps...
My 5 month old has been waking up earlier and earlier.  She used to sleep from 7:30 to 7:30 with 3-4 wake ups (nursings) of course.  Then she started getting up at 6:30 and today it was 5:45.  On top of that she still takes 4 naps sometimes even 5 now that she wakes so early.  Shouldn't she be cutting out naps by now?  It seems like she is making up her lost sleep at night with naps.  Most of her naps are 45 minutes long but she will usually do one nap that's about 2...
Here at mothering.com it seems like we are all great moms who parent thoughtfully, eat healthy, responsibly vaccinate or not vaccinate, try to keep our babies environments non toxic etc.....  Why is it that our babies seem to be high needs babies that don't sleep? haha.  Is there correlation?  are we creating them?  or is it God/faith giving the best moms the most difficult babies because we are able to meet their needs.   Just wondering.......  Or are the other moms...
i would nurse more but I think she has reflux and the more she eats at night the more she wakes up.  she ingest so much air when she nurses and if i am unable to burp her ( i try for up to 40 min sometimes) she wakes up with spit up. She also refuses to nurse sometimes. and i have to give her paci.  the funny thing is sometimes she needs paci for 30 sec before she accepts boob - so weird my husband and i laugh when i showed him.  Im going to doc on monday to talk to him...
I've always had to either rock with paci or breastfeed to sleep my dd who is now 16 weeks.  Lately I can put her down in crib with paci and she drifts of herself not always but 80% of the time.  The problem is she rarely naps for more than 45 min unless i pick her up and rock her or breastfeed her to extend the nap.  Also nights are not that great either.  She goes to bed around 7:30 sleeps till 11:30 when she wakes up and wants her paci wakes at 1:30 to...
OMG, this post sounds exactly like my 16 week old DD and me. I feel for you.  it's so hard and I don't have a 6 year old.  I'm loosing weight like crazy cut all the same stuff out too.  struggling with cooking because no time.  I have my mom cook for me on the weekend and we freeze stuff.  Also rice cakes and gluten free bread from www.grindstonebakery.com is a good option which has no allergens in it.  not even yeast.  I put avocado on that because it is the easiest and...
Hello everyone,   I'm so glad I found this website.  I've been having a real hard time adjusting to mothering.  I have a 3 month old who is not a good sleeper and likes to be talked to or entertained or carried all the time.  All my friends who recently had babies have good sleepers who play by themselves for at least an hour.  They all brag about their babies and also advise me to put the baby down when they are sleepy and she needs to learn how to soothe herself. ...