or Connect

Posts by AmandaT

Just got back from the gym:   30 mins treadmill 45 mins assorted leg/ab machines (3 sets of 12 reps each) - I think 8 machines? not sure
I just wanted to post this here, it seems like a good deal for some spices:   http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-spicely-organics-12-piece-gift-sets?c=all&p=42
Well I just got back from joining the gym    I did 30 minutes on the elliptical which translated into 4.5 miles and 200 calories. I hope to do some Yoga tonight, maybe a bit of Wii Fitting   So far today I've eaten: Bagel with sausage, egg and cheese, 20 oz coffee (not great but had to get up early and drive DP to work, ugh!) 2 HB eggs 1.5 cups fruit 3 tbsp peanut butter with 2 celery sticks  and am about to have:  4 oz steak with onions, broccoli,...
Hi all!   My name is Amanda, I'm almost 24, 5'6" and my DD is 9 months old. Before I got pregnant I was in great shape- about 135 lbs. I gained about 60 lbs during pregnancy  and haven't lost all that much (aside from baby and water weight) since then. I'm a SAHM and have decided its finally time to start working on my weight. I'm only in my early 20's and want to look like it damn it! lol   Current weight :169.5 Goal after eight weeks: 153.5 Eventual goal:...
I  go to Rainbow Pediatrics. They seem to be just about 1 hour from Pemberton.   We do not vax our DD, and the staff, while not happy about it, lets us do what we want. I've gotten a few minor lectures from one of the doctors, but that's the worst I've had. One Dr in particular, an older man named DR Flick, does not seem to care and has never questioned our choices.   Its an okay practice but I don't think I would drive an hour for it. 
I just wanted to add in that my 9 month old (99.9% EBF, non vaccinated) DD has not doubled her birth weight yet. She was 8lbs at birth and is now 15.5, so almost there!  Has her son grown taller (my DD is very tall for her age, just thin) or has he not seemed to grow or gain? What about other milestones, is he smiling, giggling, starting to sit up?    As far as the clinging goes, is he teething? Or could people be telling her that he is clingy, although he just wants...
When trying to educate someone on what could be a touchy subject, I usually try to act as if I just discovered the information myself:   "I just read this really interesting article/study about...." "I just saw an interesting segment on the news about..." "...and then I started doing some research and found..."   I *hope* this makes me sound less judgmental to the person I'm discussing it with. My reasoning being if I have just learned about this information I...
That was a great read!
Okay I'm in!   Time to finally get started on loosing that baby weight! YK, now that's she's been out almost as long as she was in lol!    This actually works out really well as I'm going a gym for my birthday on the 16th 
I'm not sure what him giving his real name and then people googling it (why give it if he did not expect that to happen?) have to do with a hypothetical situation but okay.    THIS ^ is the problem. It seems to be the choice between being insulted or being in an "echo chamber". Someone who came on to "give a fresh perspective" did not answer any "tough" questions and its the fault of people who have questions or concerns?  He stated that "colleagues of his were scared...