or Connect

Posts by honeybaby1

I realize tone is sometimes difficult to convey via these messages, but I wasn't trying to question you in a negative manner, as if to say you have to right to share your opinions. I was asking because some of my friends, and possibly women on this board, have very strong opinions about how I should handle things when they haven't experienced abuse themselves. Of course, they are just that, opinions, but ultimately the choices are mine to make.    And while you do know...
I echo this question. Another commenter suggested the idea that communicating what I want with my lawyer would bring success and a good lawyer-client relationship. I was abundantly clear with the lawyer provided to me by the organization I initially went to that helps battered women. My lawyer lied to me, misrepresented herself, and ultimately told my ex I had the child. I had been nothing short of clear and repetitive that I did not want him to know and she agreed she...
I think you deeply misunderstand what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm not looking to play a game with my ex. I know if he were involved that he would instigate games and threats and ultimately take my child. My ex has connections in other countries and once borders are crossed, the U.S. government is powerless. And yes, it's a shame that because I've had a few terrible experiences, I fear being involved with the legal system I expected would offer protection. I went to...
Thank you for your prayers grandmom ruby! Yes, abuse is all too common and seldom reported. 
True. And that is why rapists and murders walk to street with freedom that their victims no longer have. The court system cannot support something I have little evidence to prove. In many instances, when a man petitions for custody or rights, he is granted them only because the courts think he must be a good guy because most men flea or avoid paying child support. This is a statistic, I've done my research. I have no reason to make it up. In fact, I believe I read the...

I'm really interested in what you have to share. Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out, too.
I forgot to mention that the lawyer I had been appointed through the local organization that is supposed to help battered and abused women is the very person who told me ex's attorney that I did have a baby. As I understand it, she really should not have done so. But, there's nothing I could do about it....she had shared the information. 
I've been to a local organization that was supposed to help me. The lawyer that had by way of grant money was hardly qualified to be a lawyer and she is part of the reason why I'm in this mess. I had not told my ex that I had the baby and because I had a homebirth, there was no record of my child's birth. I had always planned to have a homebirth. I made it abundantly clear to my appointed attorney that I was self-sufficient, didn't want him to know I had a child, was not...
The problem with being contact in any way is becoming a part of the court system, which I want nothing to do with. They don't really protect children in most cases. In some, yes, children are kept from harm, but more commonly...children and women and placed in situations that cause uncorrectable and unforgettable damage.    If I was in the system, yes, I could petition for a different judge, but because I don't want to be involved with the courts...no ... I can't. :-/ My...