or Connect

Posts by RachaelM

Thanks guys, I will start to check these out :)
Yes, I second this also ^^   I used it in between my two pregnancies although then I got lazy and went and got the coil.    It works though and was really fun to do. 
Could someone give me an overview of what the term "Gentle Discipline" means in terms of the strategies used and avoided?   Also some book recommendations would be great.    I have an almost 3 year old and until now we've been very laid back with her, no need for any discipline most of the time, and when we do it's just a case of explaining the WHY to her and finding something else for her to do.    Now I feel she is testing things a bit more, which is great...
I was really scared of choking too but we just started with solid bits of banana and really, as long as it is the baby putting things in to their mouth and not you, it's fine. A few times she gagged at first and it did freak me out but I just hovered and she was fine. That gag reflex really does teach them when they are ready or not.    We never did any puree or spoon-feeding and it turned out fab, it was easy and a smooth transition and I never worried about her not...
I used paraguard ( I just can't stand hormonal birth control, it messes up my head SO much, I thought I was actually clinically insane) before my first daughter and then just before this pregnancy. It was fantastic, never had to think about it.    Most failures happen when people don't realise it has come out, which usually happens in the first month or so. I checked the strings regularly to prevent that and used protection (condoms) in the first month til it had...
My daughter did this the first week or so, although she hadn't missed a BM so that is something you definitely need to get checked out, which of course you are.    It could be something you eat, it could just be adjusting to life outside the womb.    I went to a homeopath and she chose a remedy that I took before feeding and also crushed on a spoon to a fine powder and dabbed it in my daughters mouth.    It seemed to do the trick in a few days, but it may...
Welcome!
There's some fantastic exemption examples online about trust in God.    I am not of an organised religion (and luckily in the UK there is no need for an exemption) but when I was looking at moving to the states with my American husband and daughter, I looked in to it.    You do not need to state what religion you are, simply what your religious beliefs are.    Personally I believe in God or something (still haven't quite worked it out!) but I would have been...
Wow, 6! That's fantastic. Congratulations!   I'm only on my second but I came from a family of four girls and I did love it. Even now I love having such a busy family with nephews to play with and aunties to get to babysit for me!   We plan on having a large family, I've always joked I want 8 but some days I fear I may be serious :)   All the best with your growing family and don't worry about what anyone thinks!
I do deadlifting/squats/kettle bells for 30 mins 3 x per week. (Different one each day)   LOVE it.    And although I didn't need to lose weight it does burn a crap load of calories by just having extra muscle as you do your regular movement throughout the day too.    Plus, gives me a nice butt lol.   I go at 6:30 while my hubby and daughter are still asleep. I am so not a morning person but this is the only time I can do it, I don't like using my evening...