or Connect

Posts by RachaelM

I didn't get anything, fit k, vaccines etc etc.    We are all happy and healthy and any time I freak out (mostly because of how people view vaccines...I sometimes think...oh my word, am I mad to not?) I go and look up my reasons for not and almost instantly feel at peace with the whole thing, and relieved that I chose not to.    I hope you find the decision that is right for you. Don't let fear make decisions for you, but find which option gives you peace after...
Is this forum usually so quiet?   It looks like it used to be really busy but in the last few weeks of researching UC and deciding on it (if all is well of course) I've hardly seen any new posts.   Am I missing something?
You can certainly continue to do your own care but keep more official records of things like BP/urine/fundal height.    Still only do things you are comfortable with and feel the need for, but put it in to a nice record, month by month, week by week (towards the end) and include more detail on how you feel and so on.    At the end of the day, whether you get traditional OB/midwife care or not you are NOT legally required to get ANY tests. What people will want to...
My daughter will also be 3.5 when the next baby is born. I'm hoping it will go smoothly! She's very excited about birth after watching some homebirth videos online and seeing her own home, water birth...she's even started putting her dolly up her top, squatting down, grunting and POP! She shouts as the baby falls out from under her top.Totally cracked me up when I saw her doing it, I'd never even pretended with the doll or anything, she just did it herself.She will be at...
Welcome Martha! I have morning sickness today. Not terrible but enough to stop me from doing much of anything. We are just watching scooby doo here. Luckily my daughter is happy with that for today. I am working on feeling better...but I think part of me just wants to feel pregnant and sick lol. Got some ginger tea brewing, that may help
YES!   It is not selfish to be happy. It makes the world a better place and really being happy is the only way we can really change the lives of people around us without giving up anything ourselves (money, time, effort etc. Happy benefits everyone!)   I am happy because I have been with my wonderful husband for 6 years, we have a gorgeous funny daughter together, I had an amazing pain free birth at home, with the midwife making herself a cup of tea in the other...
10 months pregnancy (including conception) + 14 months bf amenorrhea = 24 months.    I got my first period when I was admitted to hospital with an appendicitis and didn't feed for two days (my milk was coming out green/blue because of the general anaesthetic - yuk!) so I suspect it would have been even longer if not for that.    Natural birth control rocks!
Hi everyone, what a great idea for a thread!   For me, working on myself and my emotions from the inside out are the key to a calm pregnancy and birth.    I worked a lot on visualisation and letting go of fears in my last pregnancy (who's now almost 3!) and I had a wonderful calm pregnancy and birth.    Even when I got admitted for potential pre-term labour, I felt so calm...that if this was going to happen, I could handle it and it would all work out...
EDD Middle April (I think, I haven't worked it out exactly yet!) Your Name: Rachael Age: 25 State or Country: UK How long it took to you to get your BFP: first month after non-hormonal coil removal What number child is this for you: 2 Family (partner, other children, and/or fur babies): Hubby of 4 years, 2 year old daughter, one cat, two guinea pigs! Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I feel it's a boy and my toddler gets mad at me if I say...
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Just had a skim through the forum, will try and come back to get to know you all a bit more later!   At_the_hip - I hope whatever is going on, you can find some peace. I haven't experienced a MC/suspected MC before, but from my close friends experience of many it seems it's the not knowing that can really cause a lot of stress. I hope everything is ok.    I just posted a thread in the group with my intro (although then I realised...