or Connect

Posts by shawnna007

I am posting this for my sister who I am helping look for a midwife.  All the licensed midwives in her area charge way too much and her insurance won't cover it.  To top it all off she may be losing her job as a daycare provider due to NY state trying to take away benefits from the mom she baby sits for.  At the time we have a fundraiser set up for her and have recieved several donations, so she needs somebody willing to work with her on payments.  She is a FTM and is...
Ugh.. that's what I feared.. I can't afford to pay out of pocket so I guess I will have to do it unassisted :(... god I hate Tricare. What about VA?  I'm also a veteran and I got the VA to cover a birth center birth for my son here in FL.. their only stipulation was that the midwife had to be under the direct supervision of an OB.  I used a LM that had an OB in office.
Ugh.. that's what I feared.. I can't afford to pay out of pocket so I guess I will have to do it unassisted :(... god I hate Tricare. What about VA?  I'm also a veteran and I got the VA to cover a birth center birth for my son here in FL.. their only stipulation was that the midwife had to be under the direct supervision of an OB.  I used a LM that had an OB in office.
Are there ANY homebirth or heck even birth center midwives anywhere in the area that take Tricare!! I've been searching and searching and can't find a single one :(  I swear I'm going to free birth if I can't find one because I REFUSE to give birth in a hospital!! Please help!!  
Welp.. orders got changed to Ft. Lewis, so looks like I will be needing to find a group there now lol
Do you still have those names of those unlicensed midwives that you could send me?? My husband is getting stationed at Ft. Lewis and I'd like to get familiar with my midwife options there.  Any idea on what they charge?
Hi ladies!  My husband will be getting stationed at Ft. Riley very soon, and I am sad to leave all my crunchy momma friends here in Orlando, so I'm hoping there is a group somewhere near Ft. Riley.  My son is 21 months old and loves to go on play dates.  I need crunchy friends or I will go crazy!! lol  Also, while I'm at it.. if any of you are Army wives, what ped do you use that is intact/vax free friendly that takes Tricare??? How are the homebirthing options for...
Hi ladies!  My husband and I will be moving to Fort Riley soon and am looking to find other like minded moms, as I am leaving a group of awesome crunchy mommas here in FL and really hope to find another crunchy group near Ft. Riley.  My son loves going on play dates and stuff, so I'm hoping both of us can make some new friends there!