or Connect

Posts by sarahl918

Wow LilStar, that is so scary! I'm so glad both your LOs were okay, a skull fracture my goodness. I am also afraid of her moving off the bed when awake, once she becomes mobile. She is very energetic and though she stays put when she wakes up now, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be one of those babies who is ZOOM gone in a flash. She's been wanting to crawl since she was just a couple months old. For now she can roll both ways but seems to have temporarily...
Thanks ladies. She isn't much of a roller when she sleeps so right now just keeping an eye on her. If and when she gets more mobile while sleeping, we may have to try the mattress on the floor. 
Curious about this as well! I personally just had to give up dairy for my 5 month old EBF daughter who developed an icky rash that appears to be eczema. I haven't had any testing done to confirm an allergy, but her father has struggled with eczema and apparently it is a known fact that diet is a big trigger for outbreaks - especially dairy. Hate knowing that my own indulgences could be causing her pain. :( Not sure how long we'll have to hold off on dairy, I've heard some...
Bedsharing mamas - what do you do for keeping your LO safe in the bed after they've gone to bed for the night, but you haven't? Bedrails? Pillows?    My 5 month old daughter goes to bed around 730pm every night, but DH and I do not join her until around 1030pm. For now, she is not rolling much, she stays on her tummy once she finds her way there, and I use a video monitor to keep an eye on her. Our platform bed does not accommodate bed rails easily, I ordered a couple...
Sign up for a Mommy & Me group- I did and it was the best money I've spent! Not only is it great to get out of the house but it is a wonderful place to get support and make new friendships. It's also so much fun to watch the babies grow together. The other moms and I usually meet in a park adjacent to where our class meets prior to class. I also found a mommy & me Pilates class, which is great! There are a lot of yoga classes like this I believe. It's nice to have a...
There is a great book called Sleeping With Your Baby by James McKenna which is a WONDERFUL resource, as is Dr Sears' Baby Book. I was not planning on bedsharing with my daughter, we bought a cosleeper for the infant stage and a crib for later use, but after a couple months of waking up multiple times a night to soothe or nurse her, we always ended up pulling her in bed with us where she slept so peacefully. Breastfeeding is so simple once they have neck support and you can...
My 5 month old daughter has been trying to "stand" for what seems like forever, possibly from around the same age as your baby. I think it's completely normal and natural, it's just important to support them under their arms because their little ankle joints aren't strong enough for that weight/pressure yet!
 Breastfed until 18 months, tho still nursed at night til 22 months I believe. Started solids at 6 mos but wasn't much interested in them until 1 yr. I have been in relative good health, good weight, all my life. Currently EBF my daughter, 3 mos... not planning on stopping until at least a year. I think it is a great choice, but for those that cannot or chose not to breastfeed, I have absolutely no judgement! Each mom has a different set of circumstances. 
So I totally missed this post earlier, but I am so jealous of all you ladies who had an easy recovery. I had a relatively easy pregnancy & labor, though I did push for 5 hours (!!!) so I suppose it was only natural I have a miserable recovery. It was easily the worst part of the whole 'new mom' experience for me - worse than the lack of sleep. Bleeding wasn't too bad but I was in pain for much longer than normal, considering I only had a few first degree tears. I even went...
 Agreed - if you live in a decent enough climate (read: not sticky humid) I don't think being pregnant in summer is bad at all. We are in LA and I was fine (as long as I had air conditioning to sit in if needed!).