or Connect

Posts by MarieP

I do the 30 day shred in the morning.  It's great because it's only 20 minutes.  I try to do it before the girls wake up, but usually they come out while I am in the middle of it.  They like to watch me and do some of the moves along with me.  My 4 year old keeps me honest by pointing out when I am not doing what they girls on the video are doing.  If I can't get it in in the morning, I will workout late evening after dinner before bedtime.
I've found with both my kids that trying to PT before they were ready just led to frustration for both of us.  It always seems like one day it just clicks for them.
Here's the raisin bran muffin recipe: 1 cup wheat bran1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup raisins 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 cup applesauce 1/4 cup chopped nuts  1/2 cup honey 2 tbsp butter 2 eggs     Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes
Monday morning weigh in 134.0 lbs.
I just made some raisin bran muffins that my picky kids really liked.
I also wanted to add that we have started eating less meat as well which has helped our budget. 
I'm not a big fantasy fan, but I loved Game of Thrones and I just put the first Wheel of Time book on my Nook to read.
Meal planning has really helped.  I meal plan every week and make a list.  I only buy what is on the list.  We make everything from scratch.  If we want something, we have to make it.  We make our own bread, jams, etc.  The only things we buy are ingredients.  We also shop at Bottom Dollar.  When we shopped at Wal-mart, we spent way to much money on non food items and food at the regular grocery store was marked up quite a bit. 
I have a long list of favorite books, but one of my all time favorite series is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  
My 4.5 year old is the same way and I am really frustrated, too.  A lot of why she does it is curiosity or trying to exert her independence, but it scares me that she could get hurt.  Like she will run away from us and not stop when we yell stop.  That and just the general obstinance is driving me crazy.  The one thing I've found that does help with her is to explain my expectations ahead of time.  For example, we recently went hiking and wading in the river.  There were...